Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

History: L.A. County Cuts Welfare Costs, Pays Illegal Immigr

L.A. County Cuts Welfare Costs, Pays Illegal Immigrants to Go Back to Mexico
    December 3, 2010

The Daily Mirror

Larry Harnisch reflects on Los Angeles history

December 3, 2010 | 11:53 am

Dec. 3, 1941: I have been reading old newspapers for years and very little about Los Angeles history surprises me anymore, but this one amazed me.

To reduce the welfare rolls, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors approves paying $100 [$1,441.19 USD 2009] to illegal immigrants to move back to Mexico. Families were to receive $10 a month for 10 months either through the Mexican government or the U.S. consul, The Times said.

http://oneoldvet.com/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think a big percentage of them were actually legal immigrants, the illegals were rounded up and deported in box cars with no incentives.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Jeeze they were riding the welfare wagon back then even? Wish we could do that now. I would gladly chip in.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    Jeeze they were riding the welfare wagon back then even? Wish we could do that now. I would gladly chip in.
    Yeah.....goes to show somethings never change! Of course when they learned the "stupid gringos" give away free money for them to make babies, it was an offer they couldn't resist and still can't!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would gladly support giving them 1000.00 to leave and take their anchors with them.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSoCal
    I would gladly support giving them 1000.00 to leave and take their anchors with them.
    Staying here is worth more than $1000, unfortunately.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Watson
    Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSoCal
    Staying here is worth more than $1000, unfortunately.
    So true. There are a lot more freebies here than back then.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn