Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Hitler' stenciled on mayoral candidate Tim O'Hare's signs i

'Hitler' stenciled on mayoral candidate Tim O'Hare's signs in Farmers Branch

Vandalism targets mayoral candidate who led efforts against illegal immigration

08:34 AM CDT on Wednesday, April 2, 2008

By STEPHANIE SANDOVAL / The Dallas Morning News
    ssandoval@dallasnews.com

Someone has stenciled a face and the name "Hitler" on at least five of Tim O'Hare's mayoral campaign signs in Farmers Branch.

The vandalism happened Monday night in locations including Mr. O'Hare's campaign headquarters, his yard and the yard of fellow City Council member Tim Scott.

Mr. O'Hare has led his city's efforts to drive out illegal immigrants.

"Comparing me to the worst mass murderer in the history of the planet is totally preposterous and shameful," he said.

His opponent in the May 10 mayor's race, Gene Bledsoe, also condemned the vandalism.

"It is not American, it is not the way politics has historically been done in Farmers Branch ... it's wrong," he said. "I don't want anybody I know to be associated with anything like that."

Police Chief Sid Fuller said police were investigating the incident as criminal mischief.

Other vandalism has also occurred in the city during the illegal immigration debate.

After Mayor Bob Phelps voiced opposition last May to a proposal to bar apartment complexes from renting to illegal immigrants, someone threw a rock through a window of his home.

Months earlier, someone had spray-painted "Viva Mexicos" across the side of his house.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 3b3c8.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is not American, it is not the way politics has historically been done in Farmers Branch ... it's wrong," he said. "I don't want anybody I know to be associated with anything like that."
    Of course it isn't [American]. The people that did it aren't American and hopefully never will be. This is the way politics is done in the second and third worlds.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Police Chief Sid Fuller said police were investigating the incident as criminal mischief.

Mischief huh... Just imagine if the tables were turned..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Sounds like hate crimes to me.
    "

Must take a lot of HATE in someone's heart to compare them to Hitler for false reasons and political expedience.

W

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    It is not American, it is not the way politics has historically been done in Farmers Branch ... it's wrong," he said. "I don't want anybody I know to be associated with anything like that."
    Of course it isn't [American]. The people that did it aren't American and hopefully never will be. This is the way politics is done in the second and third worlds.
    I agree. Wake up America and politicians these people want to scare you into siding with them not leading them. I hope they keep it up. It will only anger more Americans like the marches did.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Must take a lot of HATE in someone's heart to compare them to Hitler for false reasons and political expedience.

W
    Not to mention a great deal of ignorance! But we all know that's about par for the course with these people and their pro-illegal invader agendas.

No persuasive arguments to advance their positions, so they cry racist and biggot at every turn.

Ignorance and hate is always a dangerous combination.

Yeah, lots of nasty dealings happening AGAIN with a political race in Farmers Branch! I have to say that it's definitely not dull around here!

Tim O'Hare's HQ is just down the street from me, and I drive by it every morning. Did not see the signs. Must have been taken down by then.

I'll have to walk over and give more support to them soon!

TexasGal (and Farmers Branch Gal at this point, too, lol).

Hate crimes at their worst..