Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Homeland Security May Refuse Asylum for Abused IA Women

January 16, 2008

Homeland Security May Refuse Asylum for Abused Immigrant Women

The Department of Homeland Security is reviewing a 1994 policy that has allowed over 30,000 battered women immigrants to stay in the United States and become citizens.

While the department refuses to divulge specific details, it is reviewing whether to refuse green card requests for battered women if they entered the country illegally, according to the Sacramento Bee. Lawyers and advocates are advising that the requests for battered immigrants’ green cards are in limbo.

Advocates for battered women point out that abusive partners often restrain the woman from trying to get their green card and use their illegal status as a weapon to control them, reports Women’s eNews.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-CA, criticized the review and said, "We're against illegal immigration, but we’re against domestic abuse and murder, too."
    http://www.msmagazine.com/news/uswirestory.asp?ID=10762
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They could not use their illegal status if they were not here illegally. What part of this scenario makes these women our responsibility? Send them home where they will not be abused because of their illegal status.

I think Homeland Security should. I'm an American and if I get the heck beat out of me, I move to a new location in America.

They don't need to come here and become a citizen to escape abuse.

Also, I bet if you go to their homes, the abuser will be sitting on the couch. That's what abused women do. They keep letting the abuser come back(long psychobabble reasons why) but that's what they do.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Many of these where sham marriages anyway, just to get a greencard. If ICE can prove they were sham marriages, then they have the legal right to send them back.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Can you believe this? They will try anything to get amnesty for as many illegals as possible. Although I feel sorry for these women, the numbers of abusers just tells me the mentality of the men who we are allowing to stay in this country illegally. These guys get entangled with American women, too, and that's scary.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

It's a scam. See this example in jean's post: "TX: Deputies anger rights groups over Chaparral family's cas"

"The subject stated that she had a document stating that she was a battered wife and was allowed to stay.

"Nobody was taken into custody pending further investigation," Mosier said.

Battered women can apply for visas under the Violence Against Women Act.

Border Patrol officials said that the family -- a 35-year-old man, a 31-year-old woman and a 16-year-old boy -- first came to the United States in September 2001 on a border-crossing card and settled in Chaparral, where they had since been living and working illegally.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-97893-battered.html+woman

Claims battered but continues to live with him.

Fences make good neighbors.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

if these illegals know its a loophole to claim abuse,to get assylum, 1000's will take advantage. and it happened. a loophole. using their "culture" of beating the tar outta the wives to get legal residency, how good does it get? dont even have to fake it, normal behavior! this alien saga just gets more seedy by the minute. toss the whole lot out of the usa!

Quote Originally Posted by draindog
    if these illegals know its a loophole to claim abuse,to get assylum, 1000's will take advantage. and it happened. a loophole. using their "culture" of beating the tar outta the wives to get legal residency, how good does it get? dont even have to fake it, normal behavior! this alien saga just gets more seedy by the minute. toss the whole lot out of the usa!
    Mexicans have a terrible culture, don't they? The more I learn, the more disgusted I get.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.