Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Homeland Security Setting Up Counterspy Unit

Homeland Security setting up counterspy unit

USA TODAY - Online - 8/12/08

WASHINGTON (AP) — Threats of foreign spying and terrorism have prompted the U.S. Homeland Security Department to create its own counterintelligence division and require strict reporting from employees about foreign travel.

That is according to an Aug. 4 memorandum obtained Tuesday by the Associated Press.

The new directive comes as the federal government increases its counterspy efforts across all agencies.

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff says in the memo to employees that the agency is vulnerable to adversaries who seek information about U.S. homeland defense programs

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... unit_N.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow something is going on with ICE right now. So much activity.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

THEY ARE WANTING US TO VOTE FOR MCSENSELESS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actually, I think they are saying "in your face" to both candidates.

So what has "commander-in-chief" the Decider been doing for the last nearly eight years? And the name Dept. of HOMELAND Security struck me originally as something that Germans described their country during WWII: the fatherland. Why not call it Dept. of United States Security or Dept. of American Security?

SO ARE WE GOING TO BE PAYING FOR HIS CURRENT EMPLOYEES TO TRAVEL MORE OR HAVE THEY NOT BEEN REPORTING ABOUT THEIR TRAVEL?

Gogo, I think the DHS hierarchy is starting to realize the better do something to please Congress and the American people. Either that or they realize Bush and gang's (read Cheney and other officios in the White House) legacy will do their future careers very, very little good. Everything done in DC, whether for or against the American people, has an ulterior motive.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Gogo, I think the DHS hierarchy is starting to realize the better do something to please Congress and the American people. Either that or they realize Bush and gang's (read Cheney and other officios in the White House) legacy will do their future careers very, very little good. Everything done in DC, whether for or against the American people, has an ulterior motive.
    To be very forthright vortex, I've spoken with Sheriffs in Maricopa County, Sheriff Joe's territory and with ICE in San Francisco. Both offices were extremely business yet took the time to talk to me about 287(g) and other issues. The officer in SF was very strong in his statement about SF sanctuary city policy. He said, "THAT WILL NOT KEEP US FROM DOING OUR JOB." He was adamant. They're angry like we are.

The Sheriff in Maricopa county was glad to talk to me and tell me how busy they are on this issue and how good their relationship is with ICE. It's called man hours and fighting pro-illegal attitudes and corrupt politicians. They love hearing from people like us.