Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OR: Homicide suspects had fake documents

Homicide suspects had fake documents

By AnneMarie Knepper | Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:03 am

Comments (35)

The three men arrested in connection with the beating death of Jose Felipe Hernandez Leiva presented legitimate-looking documents and were believed to be legal to work in the United States, according to the farm that hired them.

"We asked for documents to prove that they were legal and they gave us those," said Debbie Cozzetto, marketing director for Stahlbush Island Farms, a 5,000-acre fruit, vegetable, grain and legume farm southeast of Corvallis.

She said it would be misleading to refer to these men as "undocumented workers."

"You have undocumented and you have false documentation," she said.

"We're in full compliance with federal and state employee regulations and documentation," Cozzetto said.

About two days after their hire, Linn County detectives arrested Edgar Hernandez-Mendoza, 25, and Jose Juarez-Alvarez, 30, charging each with murder.

A third worker, Luis Jimenez, 45, was also arrested and has been charged with hindering prosecution.

The federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement has placed "holds" on them, indicating they are in the country illegally.

Hernandez Leiva was beaten to death - detectives aren't saying with what - and a motive has not been released. His body was found May 20 inside a sleeping bag near Interstate 5 east of Harrisburg.

All three suspects are from Mexico and had fake Social Security numbers, Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller said Friday.

"One came back to a female," he said.

"There needs to be a better system in place for employers to check the validity," Mueller added. "I feel bad for the business owners. They are good people, very respectable."

Stahlbush Island Farms has been in business for more than 25 years.

"We certainly don't want these things to happen either," Cozzetto said. "It's very sad."

The accused were arraigned in Linn County Circuit Court on Thursday and had lawyers appointed for them.

Hernandez-Mendoza is being represented by Jennifer Nash and Nicholas Ortiz, both of Corvallis.

Juarez-Alvarez is being represented by John Rich, also of Corvallis.

Attorney Timothy Felling of Albany was named to represent Jimenez.

A status check hearing in the case was scheduled for June 27.

www.democratherald.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sadly I can not help myself sometimes and this was on the Stahlbush website and I love shepherds pie and this looks yummy.

I will change the ground beef for 1/2 lean ground beef and 1/2 pork sausage.

Simply Delicious Shepherd’s Pie

Ingredients
    1 lb. 93% lean ground beef
    2 lg. Carrots, peeled and shredded (about 2 cups)
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 15-oz can of pinto beans
    1 14.5-oz can all natural tomato soup
    1 cup shredded reduced-fat Chedder
    1 cup Stahlbush Island Farms frozen corn, thawed
    Salt and pepper
    3 to 4 mashed potatoes
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375

Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef carrots, garlic powder and onion powder and cook, breaking up the large pieces, unil meat is no longer pink and carrots are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat.

Add beans, tomato soup, cheddar and corn, and simmer until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Spread meat mixture in a 9 x 13 baking dish.

Top mashed potatoes, using a spatula to gently spread them over the meat.

Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over potatoes.

Bake until meat mixture starts to bubble, about 10 minutes. Change the oven setting to “broilâ€
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

Re: OR: Homicide suspects had fake documents

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    "There needs to be a better system in place for employers to check the validity," Mueller added. "I feel bad for the business owners. They are good people, very respectable."
    "That's funny ol' dude's #no. came back as a girl!" Hmm! There is a better system and it's called E-verify, time for everyone to start using it I hope Stahbush gets they're asses sued off for "wrongful death" why because they aided and abetted them!

"And damn Waiter, I wish I lived by you, every time something terrible happens you cook something!" At least I'd be fat and heartbroke!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Again I am sry for posting recipes, I just caint help myself sometimes.

Ya know I eat pretty good for doing such a large part of my grocery shopping at the food bank.

Since Oregon is a medical M state just watch out for my cookies.
    Any more than one and ya will learn the true meaning of "Couch lock"

My favorite F_B is actually in a Spanish church and I gotta tell you that I am treated well there, dignity and respect are terms I would use.
    Talk about going deep into enemy territory.

I always take something extra and when I go the next time, I take a cake I made, or a pie or banana bread and the one little gal every time she see's me come in the door she has a wheelchair for me and pushes me around (I think she wants the first piece)?
    She is 82 years old herself and can barely walk but she pushes me around in the wheelchair just smiling and babbling away
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law