Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Will a change in venue help? I'm just wondering because no matter where they go, the protestors are going to show up, and so are the cops. Doesn't that mean a bill for whoever owns whatever place they meet at and why would that person want a bill for security any more than the Holiday Inn?

Are the illegal aliens' protests and marches billed? Is there any way to obtain that information?

It just seems to me that there is soooo much wrong with this whole episode, I don't recall the Right to Assemble coming for with any caveat of "as long as one can pay for the appropriate police protection"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As noted in the above posting;(last paragraph)

"We're still going to be there," said Adam Ruiz, a Carpentersville Community Alliance member who helped organize the counterdemonstration. "We have the permits from the village and we're still going to have a rally for immigration rights and immigration reform. We just want to voice our opinion peacefully and say there's two views on this."
    ----------

I guess this means that if we find a new location, the protesters can't follow, and can only stay at the location the permits states?

I also read in another article (I wish that I saved that link) that the Crystal Lake police chief said that they will be needed to protect the protesters from the busy / dangerous road.

So help me out here, if the Minuteman are not here, the busy / dangerous road won’t hurt the protesters, who plan on being there anyway? ????
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

It sounds like strong-arm tactics are in play here. They initially were willing to rent their facilities, but then they rescinded. I refuse to believe $3500 was an issue, because that's just a cost of doing business for them. Something stinks!

Security would not be the issue if this were a pro-illegal event.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by BorderFox
    Security would not be the issue if this were a pro-illegal event.
    Nope....it never is.

Quote Originally Posted by MadInChicago
    As noted in the above posting;(last paragraph)

"We're still going to be there," said Adam Ruiz, a Carpentersville Community Alliance member who helped organize the counterdemonstration. "We have the permits from the village and we're still going to have a rally for immigration rights and immigration reform. We just want to voice our opinion peacefully and say there's two views on this."
    ----------

I guess this means that if we find a new location, the protesters can't follow, and can only stay at the location the permits states?

I also read in another article (I wish that I saved that link) that the Crystal Lake police chief said that they will be needed to protect the protesters from the busy / dangerous road.

So help me out here, if the Minuteman are not here, the busy / dangerous road won’t hurt the protesters, who plan on being there anyway? ????
    I found that comment by the police chief. (Actually it's in one of my links posted earlier)
    Anyway here is his comment;
    ----------
    “The hotel, at Three Oaks Road and Route 31 in Crystal Lake, would not allow protesters to demonstrate on hotel property, Linder said. “[Protesters] have a right to protest along the public way, but that is a very dangerous road, so as a result, it would require a number of officers to ensure the safety of those people to exercise their rights,â€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Is this cause for discrimination law suet against the police chief and the city of Crystal Lake? If they don’t charge the protest group the $3.500.00, then it is clear bias against the Minuteman and or Hotel.

Besides how can the police department charge the Hotel or the Minuteman when the location they admittedly need to watch is not even on the Hotel grounds?

Any lawyers or legal people out there that can give some input here?

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Don't make me come back up there to kick some butt!

W

Come on back William! This is crazy...Sheriff Beck's message really needs to be heard. I heard him on the radio this week with Fred Flannigan/WKRS -what a dynamic, committed, get results sheriff he is. The ACLU tried to go after him but FAILED. He wasn't intimidated. Another Mexican defense group went after him but only made the sheriff more committed to this issue.

If the podcast becomes available I've got to post it. Sheriff Beck has simple in the law solutions to this problem. He is even going after contractors asking to see their paperwork. He recently made over 100 jobs open for Americans.

Like New Jersey, sadly it took a tragedy to awaken Sheriff Beck to this issue as well...

Stay tuned to see how this story turns out. The conference was sold out as well!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Hotel cancels Ill. Minuteman Project meeting

[quote="StokeyBob"]Hotel cancels Ill. Minuteman Project meeting

"The Holiday Inn booked this event and we were then notified, personally and through the media, that several groups would protest the event," he said. "If any event is going to require police presence to ensure the safety of everyone involved, we're going to charge for that."
    quote]

So one group has to pay for everyone else to excercise free speech. Seems ludicrous and political. I would demand the hotel uphold the contract and the police do what they are paid to do whether or not police presence is required, the police still have to show up for work, it's the nature of the job. Do your job and quit speculating. You don't know one day to the next what your job will bring. Be a professional and not a politician, Law Enforcement Officer, Sir.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast