Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

House GOP backs off immigration /openly questioning McCain

(quote)

CAMPAIGN 2008

House GOP backs off immigration, avoids openly questioning McCain

By Michael O’Brien
    Posted: 09/22/08 06:56 PM [ET]

House Republicans have resisted making illegal immigration a major campaign theme this year, aware that their presidential candidate is at odds with them on the issue and voters are more focused on the economy.

Many GOP members have previously questioned McCain for co-sponsoring legislation with Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) that would have put millions of illegal immigrants on a path to citizenship.

But now that he is at the top of the ticket and trying to win over Hispanic voters — a group that could help decide this year’s election — down-ballot GOPers have toned down their comments and refocused on other issues.
    “Republicans think immigration is the issue to seal the deal for them, but it hasn’t been that,â€
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS ...DC IS CORRUPT TO THE BONE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dunn said immigration remains high on the list, although it is also tied into economic issues.
    This guy is a Republican? Immigration, especially the illegal kind, is the major cause of our economic issues.

I notice they didn't mention Chaffetz who's main focus in UTAH, not a border state, was illegal immigration.

Barletta's stance is against illegal immigration.

Jay D. Hayworth didn't lose because of that. There were ads saying he was connected to some shady connections and deals, which were proven incorrect.

So let's get all the info out there.

[quote]Barletta has maintained a measured distance from McCain. “We’ve made it clear: Sen. McCain and Mayor Barletta agree on certain elements of immigration reform,â€

I would rather have McCain lose the presidency than have a pro-amnesty RINO president telling other Republicans that amnesty is the way to go.

We are seeing it already, many Republicans who oppose amnesty are not talking about the issue because it could hurt McCain in the polls. That is the problem I see if McCain becomes president. If he supports amnesty for illegal aliens, many Republicans will either support him or keep quiet.
    We got to be honest with ourselves, polititians don't give a flip about us. They see us as cheap dates, who believe their BS in order to get some.

Certainly, E Verify is better than nothing.

Mandatory E-Verify would help.

I'm thinking being able to check out already hired employees would help.

From what I understand it is just used for new hires, and not to check out those already working.

One company in particular announced it was laying off hundreds of illegals, even the media picked up on it. Local papers were full of sob stories. When I asked around, the gossip (as reliable or more so than the media) was that this company had simply outsourced the work to private contractors.

When an employer is found working illegals, there should be some very stiff penalties.

We just need our laws enforced, that would fix things.

We really don't need any 'new, innovative' ideas - just simple law enforcement. It really is simply no matter what the pro-illegal crowd wants to tell us.

[i]"As much as I wish to pretend McCAMNESTY is not the head of a ticket it is NOT true, better off placing our support behind the Senators and Congressmen who will support United States Citizens against the invasion. Either presidential candidate from the two “majorâ€

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Dunn said immigration remains high on the list, although it is also tied into economic issues.
    This guy is a Republican? Immigration, especially the illegal kind, is the major cause of our economic issues.
    I know right?

How come our wages are lower now than 20 years ago? Illegal aliens

How come insurance rates(both health and auto) are sky high for Americans? Illegal aliens

How come so many hospitals are closing? Illegal aliens.

How come so many Americans are losing jobs? Illegal aliens (importing cheap foreign workers and outsourcing)

How come our taxes are so high? Illegal aliens and their anchor babies.

How come our schools are overcrowded and failing? Illegal aliens and anchor babies.

Not hard to make the connection, if one wants to, it's there.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Certainly, E Verify is better than nothing.

Mandatory E-Verify would help.

I'm thinking being able to check out already hired employees would help.

From what I understand it is just used for new hires, and not to check out those already working.

One company in particular announced it was laying off hundreds of illegals, even the media picked up on it. Local papers were full of sob stories. When I asked around, the gossip (as reliable or more so than the media) was that this company had simply outsourced the work to private contractors.

When an employer is found working illegals, there should be some very stiff penalties.

We just need our laws enforced, that would fix things.

We really don't need any 'new, innovative' ideas - just simple law enforcement. It really is simply no matter what the pro-illegal crowd wants to tell us.
    I hope you called the Senate today since Senator Menendez is holding up the re-authorization bill by using hostage methods. Harry Reid is helping him. E-verify will expire Nov 1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast