Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

House Immigration Reform Caucus Surpasses 100 Members

http://tancredo.house.gov/press/PRArtic ... ewsID=1207

Press Releases :: June 16, 2006

House Immigration Reform Caucus Surpasses 100 Members

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO), Chairman of the House Immigration Reform Caucus, announced that the Caucus passed the 100-member mark this week. On Wednesday, Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-KY) became the 100th member of the Caucus; today, Rep. Charlie Bass (R-NH) joined as its 101st member.

“As the IRC has grown so has the illegal immigration issue grown in Americans’ consciousness. When I started the Caucus in 1999, we had few friend and allies in Congress. Today, the IRC is one of the largest and most active caucuses in the House. Our size and the force of our arguments dictate that we have a seat at the table.” said Tancredo. “The IRC includes Republicans and Democrats from California to New Hampshire. We represent the vast majority of Americans who want our borders secured and illegal immigration stopped.”

The Immigration Reform Caucus was established in May 1999 to review current immigration policy, to initiate new immigration policy, and to create a much-needed forum in Congress to examine both the benefits and negative consequences of immigration.

Following the events of September 11th, 2001, the Caucus highlighted the link between open borders, unregulated immigration and terrorism. In addition, the Caucus pushed legislative proposals aimed at securing America’s borders, including the creation of a comprehensive visa tracking system, and meaningful reform of the INS. Last year, members of the IRC were critical in pushing through the House’s immigration enforcement bill.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Keeping my fingers crossed that they will hold the line.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

I just hope all 101 are on the same page. Remember Kennedy McCain and Bush say they are for immigration reform. Hopefully none of the members of this caucus are for amnesty.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    I just hope all 101 are on the same page. Remember Kennedy McCain and Bush say they are for immigration reform. Hopefully none of the members of this caucus are for amnesty.
    Good Point, andy!

I know from my own Rep who's a member that his voting record is not always stellar. I watch him carefully although he's a supporter of Tancredo.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)