Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

House Republicans reject illegal-aliens amnesty bill

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national ... -3033r.htm

House Republicans reject illegal-aliens amnesty bill

By Charles Hurt
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    September 8, 2006

House Republicans yesterday officially rejected the Senate immigration bill that would grant citizenship rights to some 10 million illegal aliens now in the country.

"We agree that we cannot support the Senate amnesty bill," House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert said. "This Democrat immigration bill wouldn't secure the border. It would erase it."

Mr. Hastert met yesterday with other House leaders and the chairman of several committees to discuss how to proceed with the stalled immigration legislation and emerged saying new border security proposals will be offered next week.

The new initiatives will include more border patrol agents, new fencing and surveillance and stricter enforcement of current laws, which they hope will pass both the House and the Senate before November's elections.

"We will take many of these recommendations and move quickly to pass border security legislation in the next few weeks," Mr. Hastert said. "Congress cannot wait until next year to move on this issue. The American people expect us to tackle this problem and solve it."

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, criticized the decision to abandon "comprehensive immigration reform."

"After a summer of cynical immigration campaign events and years of cutting billions from border security funding, today's announcement has more to do with solving a political problem for Republicans than solving our illegal-immigration problem," he said.

"While we all support more resources for border security, it is abundantly clear that these stop-gap measures are designed to provide cover for their failure to produce comprehensive reform."

House Majority Leader John A. Boehner vowed to complete legislation.

"Republicans will take immediate action to put legislation on the president's desk that fulfills our promise to strengthen our border security by providing more border patrol agents, enhancing enforcement, building more fencing and increasing surveillance," he said.

"Republicans will vote on these reforms before adjournment and work to send them to the president's desk for his signature."

"After a summer of cynical immigration campaign events and years of cutting billions from border security funding, today's announcement has more to do with solving a political problem for Republicans than solving our illegal-immigration problem," he said.

"While we all support more resources for border security, it is abundantly clear that these stop-gap measures are designed to provide cover for their failure to produce comprehensive reform."

House Majority Leader John A. Boehner vowed to complete legislation.

"Republicans will take immediate action to put legislation on the president's desk that fulfills our promise to strengthen our border security by providing more border patrol agents, enhancing enforcement, building more fencing and increasing surveillance," he said.
    Wow these are bold statements, and very bold move from the House.
    I have to admit, I've got a little more admiration for Hastert and the House leaders for coming out and officially admitting this. However I'm not convinced on just their word so far. When I see the fence being built and more law enforcement and more action from ICE, then I will believe they are actually serious about this.
    I hope its a good move. They will be putting the Senate and the president on the spot now.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Thank goodness for the House. And go Hastert. The House has such a better grasp of what is right for we all in this country. The Senate and our Pres have their own agendas they will follow come hell or high water. May get very intesting.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Please MA. voters, smarten up and send this dinosaur home! His is like the energizer bunny, 40 years of working to destroy America and he just keeps on ticking.

I'm on my knees begging, please Mass. voters, show Sen. Ted Kennedy the door!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Thank goodness for the House. And go Hastert. The House has such a better grasp of what is right for we all in this country. The Senate and our Pres have their own agendas they will follow come hell or high water. May get very intesting.
    You're absolutely right, the Senate doesn't have a clue of what is good for America. This is a fine example of why we should push for term limits in the Senate. Many of those folks have been sitting in their "high chairs" for so many years (some over 40 years) that they've lost touch. Not only that, the longer they are in office, the more influenced they become by corporate lobbyist and business interests. Basically, they form a relationship with the business world, it's a you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours relationship. It's disgusting and it's getting out of control.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Term limits is just what the doctor ordered for tyrants. I think George Boosh is right about an axis of evil. I know where it is and so does America!

We have it in the Senate and Executive branches, CFR, Trilateral Commission, Ford Foundation, Bilderberg group and Corporate America to name just a few!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW wrote:
    Please MA. voters, smarten up and send this dinosaur home! His is like the energizer bunny, 40 years of working to destroy America and he just keeps on ticking.
    I agree. He's had one too many martinis, and I think he's operating now on serious brain cell depletion.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Kennedy talks of Republicans' intent "to provide cover for their failure to produce comprehensive reform."

The Republicans had better take pride in this "failure" if they want to remain in office.

I guess it takes a failure to know a failure huh? Your a failure as a politican, a failure as a human being and an embarrassment to your country and it's citizens. It's ashame that Mary Jo died and this gas bag lived on.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn