Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Housing Market is on a downslide...

ECONOMIC REPORT
    Sales of new homes down 21.6% in past year
    Inventories of unsold homes rise to 11-year high

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...691%7D&siteid=

Recession will be nasty and deep, economist says
    Housing is in free fall, pulling the economy down with it, Roubini argues

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...4D3%7D&siteid=
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Illegal immigration has been the only thing holding this bubble together for the last several years.

I hope the housing bubble is popping. That will mean less illegal aliens and more pressure for them to leave.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah

Think what is to come. All these illegals will be out of a job and it will be the American taxpayer that coughs up the money for them to get welfare! The ass _ _ _ _ _ that hire them don't give a rip about the fact that WE are the ones that will have to pay for this! It is THEY, the EMPLOYERS that should pay for it! I think it is high time for us to revolt and NOT pay taxes when tax time comes! I am sick to death of "taxation without representation"!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

I think this could also spell trouble. Since many of the construction workers are illegal migrants, many will return to their homeland. But, what about the ones that don't AND do not find new work?

The housing industry is one of the big magnets. I think we are getting ready to take a big hit economically, and the housing industry is going to topple.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

The Day Labor Centers will be overflowing.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    The housing market is definitely softening in California. Houses are taking a lot longer to sell, and the prices are starting to fall. I just sold house recently and was fortunate it sold quickly, but had to drop the price 20K to sell it.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The DC-NVA area is getting a dose of reality right now too. I've got a friend who has had his house on the market since mid-March. Well maintained, ideal location(walking distance to the Metro) Oakton area. They have had exactly one looker and no offers. This in the same market that about a year ago would have not only sold in less then two weeks but also probably for more then the asking price. I've also got a friend who has been selling real estate there for over 20 years and she says she has never seen anything like it and she can't get a feel at all as to how bad or how long this could go on. - FWIW

I swear it almost seems like a "perfect storm" coming together. Between the quagmire in the ME. The ever intensifying illegal immigration debacle and the economic situation sitting on a cliff.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee