Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Houston Burglary Ring Story Suppressed?

I was in the kitchen last night cleaning up my dinner mess with the TV tuned to a local news report in the next room. The reporter was talking about an illegal alien that was busted for operating a burglary ring. All of his employees were illegal aliens, most of whom he smuggled across the border himself.

I was amazed to hear the reporter actually using the term "illegal immigrants" to describe this organized gang of criminals on a mainstream televised news report. She said that the operation netted over a million dollars worth of stolen property.

I was wishing I had the recorder turned on so I could share this story, but then thought to myself, What the heck, I'll just find it online tomorrow morning. Well, I just spent over a half an hour searching for it and can't find anything about it. It looks like our politically-correct media moguls have suppressed the story and had it pulled from their websites. I can only imagine the chewing-out somebody must have received for airing it in the first place.

Can anybody here back me up on this? Did any of you fellow ALIPAC-ers see this report?

BTW, the results of my Google search, "illegal immigrant burglary ring", was flooded with articles about illegal alien crime in America. The list of reports is endless. Every American should do similar searches and get an idea of just how huge a problem this really is.

you're right I can't find anything on google about it either. I didn't see it on the news where I'm at of course I'm in Dallas though.
    I entered illegal alien burglary ring Houston TX and got only three results on the google news lookup.

Could they have been talking about this one in NY?

Convict sought in burglaries
    Police say deported Colombian native with a long rap sheet is back in the area, hiring others to help in thefts
    BY LAURA ALBANESE
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/crime ... 5142.story
    laura.albanese@newsday.com

"Illegal immigrant" is better then "undocumented worker!"

How about this one?

Authorities capture burglary suspect
    Houston County Courier - July 2007
    By Daphne Hereford
    Managing Editor

The Houston County Sheriff's Office has arrested and charged five suspects from Crockett in connection with a burglary ring.

According to HCSO, deputies have been investigating multiple burglaries that have occurred within the last several months.
    According to authorities residents and businesses in the county have been hit hard by burglaries and thefts for the past 10 months.

Houston County Sheriff Darrel Bobbitt said his office has been working each case
    with whatever information they received.

During one of the investigations deputies received a lead and were able to obtain and execute five search warrants at different locations in the county.

Warrants were issued for five suspects, Robert Benavides, 25, David and James Harrington, both 26, Calvin Joslen, 21 and Benjamin Gillum 43, all of Crockett.

As of Monday, July 9 all of the suspects had been arrested except Gillum, who had been evading law enforcement and making threats to harm himself, as well as others.

On Tuesday, July 10, Denton County Sheriff's Office SWAT arrested Gillum at a residence in their county and he was taken into custody without incident.

He was arrested on two felony burglary warrants and a misdemeanor terroristic threat warrant.

He was transported back to Houston County on the same day and booked into the Houston County Sheriff's Office Jail.

Sheriff Bobbitt said several additional charges are forth coming and additional warrants will be issued against all the suspects who were arrested as well as other suspects as the investigation continues.

Sheriff Bobbitt stated that he estimated the value of the recovered property so far to be more than $200,000.

The recovered property includes 4-wheelers, low-boy trailers, a travel trailer, trucks, firearms, power and hand tools, furniture and many other items.

He said they have been locating more property each day and are still processing what has been recovered.

Benavides's bond is set at $25,000, David and James Harrington have bond set at $30,000 each and all are still incarcerated at this time.

Joslen is charged with one count of burglary of habitation with bond set at $15,000 and has been released from custody.

As of press time Wednesday Gillum was still awaiting arraignment.

Because of the number of items that have been recovered, Sheriff Bobbitt is asking that anyone who has been a victim of burglary or theft to contact the sheriff's office and give descriptions of their missing property.

"We will be matching up the property to cases we already have on file, but many items do not have serial numbers and can only be identified by physical descriptors," said Sheriff Bobbitt.

"Once the property is processed and photographed it will be returned to the owner as allowed by the court." said Sheriff Bobbitt.

As the investigation and identification of property continues the Courier will report in future additions information relative to the case and the property recovered.

I googled "burglary ring in Houston." Man, that city is rife with these thieves!

Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    Could they have been talking about this one in NY?

Convict sought in burglaries
    Police say deported Colombian native with a long rap sheet is back in the area, hiring others to help in thefts
    BY LAURA ALBANESE
    laura.albanese@newsday.com
    No, that wouldn't be it. I also found this one in my original search.
    The story I heard was about Mexican illegals rather than Columbians. Also, it was a local story. I'd have remembered if she'd said New York.

Quote Originally Posted by NCByrd
    How about this one?

Authorities capture burglary suspect
    Houston County Courier - July 2007
    By Daphne Hereford
    Managing Editor

The Houston County Sheriff's Office has arrested and charged five suspects from Crockett in connection with a burglary ring.

According to HCSO, deputies have been investigating multiple burglaries that have occurred within the last several months.
    According to authorities residents and businesses in the county have been hit hard by burglaries and thefts for the past 10 months.

Houston County Sheriff Darrel Bobbitt said his office has been working each case
    with whatever information they received.

During one of the investigations deputies received a lead and were able to obtain and execute five search warrants at different locations in the county.

Warrants were issued for five suspects, Robert Benavides, 25, David and James Harrington, both 26, Calvin Joslen, 21 and Benjamin Gillum 43, all of Crockett...
    No, that's not it either. The reporter said the ring was made up entirely of Mexican illegals. There are Euro-American names on this list.

Thank ya'll for trying. I'm guessing this story got quashed pretty effectively. I'm not so surprised about it being gone but I sure was surprised at seeing it on television.

Quote Originally Posted by NCByrd
    I googled "burglary ring in Houston." Man, that city is rife with these thieves!
    Tell me about it Man! I've been living here for 20 years and, believe me, this problem didn't start here just recently. As long as I've lived here, illegals have been destroying this town. When I first arrived here it looked like they had already been at it for years.

If you read the metro section of the Houston Chronicle, you'll see several murders, shootings, stabbings, rapes and robberies reported every single day. If you read the names of the suspects, they're ALMOST ALWAYS HISPANIC.

One day shortly after I moved here, in '87, I got into a conversation about cars, at a laundromat, with a LEGAL Hispanic-American citizen. He was telling me about his Mustang that got stolen. Being new here, I was surprised when he said his car was ripped off by "w*tb*cks". That was my first lesson in how law-abiding Mexicans feel about the illegal ones.

Certain parts of town were and are covered with gang graffiti and slums. The first job I had here was in one of those parts of town, where conversations in English are rarely heard.. My first Christmas in Houston, I went home to GA for the holidays. When I got back, the shop had been burglarized and a lot of our tools were stolen. We had our personal tool cabinets and boxes locked in a welded cage because of prior burglaries, but that didn't stop them. They just grabbed one of the acetylene torches and burned the lock off. I had my personal toolboxes locked. Since the thieves couldn't open them and pick what they wanted, they simply grabbed two of them and hauled them away.

If I had left them unlocked, I'd have been better off. They were full of expensive precision measuring instruments, but the crooks weren't after those. Apparently they didn't know what they were, 'cause the employees' boxes that were left unlocked were only missing stuff like wrenches, hammers and screwdrivers. If the idiotic burglars would've known how much they could have gotten by pawning the micrometers, dial indicators, vernier calipers, etc. they would have taken everything we had.