Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HOUSTON: Suspect arrested in killing of HFD captain's daught

Suspect arrested in killing of HFD captain's daughter
    By ANITA HASSAN
    Copyright 2009 Houston Chonicle
    July 12, 2009, 12:49AM

Local U.S. marshals have arrested a man who they believe is responsible for fatally shooting a Houston Fire Department captain's 23-year-old daughter earlier this week.

Selestino Torres, 23, charged with murder in the shooting death of Michelle Lira, was found around 9 p.m. Saturday at what is believed to be a relative's home in the 1400 block of Loper, said Deputy U.S. Marshal Alfredo Perez, of the Houston office.

Torres was found through a Crime Stoppers tip, he added.

Lira, Torres' ex-girlfriend, and her mother, Ramon Gomez, 46, were leaving their home in the 13700 block of Whitchurch for work around 7 a.m. Monday when Torres rushed to their car after the garage door opened, authorities said.

Investigators said Torres made several attempts to talk with Lira through an open window as she and her mother backed out of their driveway.

After Lira refused to speak with him, Torres shot into the vehicle several times, striking both women multiple times, authorities said.

Lira died at the scene and her mother was treated at Ben Taub General Hospital.

Torres, who was also charged with attempted murder of Gomez, was Tasered after he tried to resist arrest.

He will be released into the custody of the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 25224.html

Man Who Killed Ex-Girlfriend In Custody
    Updated: Sunday, 12 Jul 2009, 2:08 PM CDT
    Published : Thursday, 09 Jul 2009, 9:13 PM CDT

CHRIS STIPES
    HOUSTON - The U.S. Marshals have apprehended a man who is suspected in the fatal shooting of his ex-girlfriend and wounding of her mother.

The family of 23-year-old Michelle Lira received a call last night informing them of the apprehension of Selestino Torres.

Torres has now been charged with murder in the death of his ex-girlfriend Lira and and aggravated assault in the shooting of Lira's mother, Ramona Gomez.

Gomez was shot seven times and miraculously survived.

"She was my life, my rock, my best friend," said Ramona Gomez, the victim's mother.

Gomez and Lira were leaving for work from their East Houston home Monday morning when Lira's ex-boyfriend, Selestino Torres, allegedly showed up asking to talk.

"I just see this evil look in his face like I've never seen before," said Gomez.

She says Michelle told Torres, 23, she didn't want to talk and that their relationship was over.

"I started to cry, I knew something bad was about to happen," she said.

That's when Torres allegedly fired 13 shots into the cracked window of Gomez's Hummer.

"He just unloaded the gun on me and Michelle, bullets all over the place," she said.

Michelle Lira was shot six times and died, but not before shielding her mother's body from the gunfire. Gomez was shot seven times but somehow survived.

"The doctors said I was a miracle and my daughter saved my life. I just wish I could've saved hers," she said.

Michelle's dad, Larry Lira, a Houston Fire Captain, held a press conference Thursday at a fire house in downtown asking for the public's help catching Torres.

"All we want is justice here," he said.

Fighting the emotion, he described the couple's 8-year relationship as "rocky."

"She had a weakness for this man, I don't know why, we kept telling her this is not a good man," he said.

Torres has a tattoo on his right forearm that says "Big Boy." He is also known to drive a Toyota Tundra pick-up truck with Texas license plate 80H-XL8.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/lo ... ghter_shot

Sorry James, but your news story isn't related to illegal immigration.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

mapwife, we do not know this for sure, the pictures ive seen with the tattoos all over him would lead me to think he might be.

Plus remember the HPD officer shot a month ago, it wasnt till two days later that we find out the killer was illegal

I really doubt the fire captain's daughter would be dating an illegal alien, but she may have been dating just a scuzball.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

The guy is from Houston, they both went to LECJ high school with me. I am one of her few friends on myspace, Selestino was controlling.
    This is her myspace.
    http://www.myspace.com/483001008