Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How Immigrants Saved Social Security!!

LMFAO!!! Illegals manage to send 25B back to Mexico in the form of remisas...and they still manage to keep SS afloat!!! What an incredible feat! Maybe we should elevate them to sainthood for saving SS! No mention of the 340B drain on our social services or the earned income tax credits...or the States that are going bankrupt, i.e. CALIFORNIA!

How Immigrants Saved Social Security

Published: April 2, 2008

Immigration is good for the financial health of Social Security because more workers mean more tax revenue. Illegal immigration, it turns out, is even better than legal immigration. In the fine print of the 2008 annual report on Social Security, released last week, the program’s trustees noted that growing numbers of[b] “other than legalâ€

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Would the people who want to deport all undocumented workers be willing to make up the difference and pay the taxes that the undocumented are currently paying?
    You bet. Most of them aren't paying taxes anyway. So, it would be a hell of alot cheaper than supporting them with free educations, free medical care, etc. etc. etc.

gag!!!

My, how wonderfully one-faceted of them. What better way to misrepresent the whole picture than by looking at one teensy little facet, through rose colored glasses no less.

Sure, have tons of kids, we need the labor, right? There's no need to look at the costs for health care and education. There's also no need to factor in the child tax credits that negate pretty much all of the piddly amount they pay in taxes anyway.

But hey, we're ONLY talking about social security. As far as that's concerned, we're golden!

Did they hire the SPLC as consultants, or what?

If illegals receive amnesty or legal status...they can claim benefits from ALL of their illegally earned wages!!! And, according to the Totalization Agreement (which is on Bush's desk to be signed) will grant their families living in MEXICO ...SS benefits!!!!

(Excerpt)

Social Security Benefits for Illegal Aliens

U.S. law bars aliens living here illegally from receiving social security benefits. However, until 2004, the law permitted aliens to claim credit for work performed while here illegally if the aliens either left the United States or obtained legal status in the United States. If such work - either alone or in combination with work performed while here legally - amounted to the 40 quarters of work required to become eligible for social security benefits, these aliens (and their spouses and dependents) would receive full benefits.

In February 2004, Congress passed H.R. 743, the Social Security Protection Act, which includes a provision authored by Senator Grassley (R-Iowa), Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, that prohibits aliens (and their spouses and dependents) from claiming social security credit for work performed while in the United States illegally unless the alien obtains legal status at some point. Although this represents a major improvement in the law, it does not entirely close the loophole that permits benefits to be paid on the basis of work performed by illegal aliens. As noted in the Senate Finance Committee's report on H.R. 743, "individuals who begin working illegally and later obtain legal status could still use their illegal earnings to qualify for Social Security benefits" despite this new provision (Senate Rpt.108-176, p. 24).

This law applies to aliens of all nationalities, regardless of the existence of totalization agreements. The agreements compound the problem, however, by increasing the pool of foreign workers who can qualify for U.S. social security benefits on the basis of work performed while here illegally. Under totalization agreements:

Foreign workers can qualify with as few as 6 quarters of work, rather than 40 quarters (benefits would be prorated to reflect only credits earned in the United States); and
    More family members of workers are entitled to benefits, because the agreement waives rules that restrict certain payments to non-citizen dependents living outside the United States. Under current law, non-citizen spouses and children must have lived in the United States for at least five years (lawfully or unlawfully), and the family relationship to the worker must have existed during that time in order for them to receive benefits while outside the United States. A totalization agreement overrides this requirement.

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/totalization.htm

The way things are written with the agreement with Mexico, if it was passed, is that they will collect SS while living in Mexico, so how is this working. They don't even have to work as long as we do to collect.

The Totalization Agreement is the worst possible scenario...and I have a feeling Bush is going to sign it before he leaves office! It's seperate and apart from amnesty...and it just needs his signature! It would give SS to the families living in Mexico....unbelievable.

And if and when amnesty is passed...it will kill the SS Fund because all of the former "illegals" will be able to collect on their earnings when they were "illegal" and using stolen SS numbers!

And it even gets worse...if they get amnesty, they can bring their elderly relatives to live HERE and collect...without even having worked a day in the US!

God help us all!

The arguements in support of the illegal invader have gotten so delusional that I no longer can ascertain what's up or down.

If these illegals were paying anything in the way of social security, then it had to have been done through the use of a fradulent or stolen social security number. Now, the argument is being made these people should be entitled to keep the money they gained or contributed through illegal means.

Let me offer this comparison. Lets suppose I stole my neighbors car. I like the car but I cannot drive it because my neighbor will see me. So I decide to sell the car. Im arrested before I can complete the transaction and taken into custody. I then argue that I should be able to finalize the sale of the vehicle AND that I should be able to keep the proceeds from the sale of the car because i'm the one who sold it.

Never mind the fact that I never had any legal right to possess, much less offer the car for sale. Those are minor details that as a criminal, I do not care, nor do I want to discuss. I just want my money!

This is exactly the scenary I think of when I hear illegals should be entitled to social security because they paid into the system. In order to accept this argument, I would be forced to forget about the numerous crimes these people comitted in order to pay into the system, if in fact they actually did.

In addition, how would you ever verify who and how much they contributed? It's all based an fradulent or stolen records!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My thought are they never paid a darn penny into any system and they should not recieve any thing and if they did pay in was most likely under a SS # that was not thiers so how can they collect without putting some legal American in jeopardy >>and if they collect on a invalid SS# how does the legal citizen recitfiy this problem ..I am so tired of this crap for illeagals I am about o blow up.. Once peaceful man now at my wits end ..Impeach everyone that is for Illegal aliens and do not vote for BHO he is not the person we want to represent the American people as far as I concered he is a traitor as with Shillary and Mc Amnsety.,We need some one who is going to stand up fot the American Leagalssssssss

The amount illegals pay in taxes is nowhere close to the billions they cost per state.

Lou Dobbs tore into the NY Times on this article too.

Thank you Lou AGAIN!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn