Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is from Wikipedia, which I know is informal but helpful:

Many U.S. hospitals and health centers also use the term Latino/Hispanic incorrectly as if it were a race. In cases where medical conditions or diseases may be more prone to a particular race, using the generic term Hispanic/Latino causes confusion and can be costly, as it does not identify the Latinos at risk and puts some Latinos in danger. This is because this method does not identify the Latinos at risk for the particular disease and puts some Latinos in danger of not seeking medical help as soon as they would have if they would have been identified by race. Many consider this a diservice and negligent, because in fact Hispanics/Latinos can be white, black, American Indian or multi-racial, (just as the non-Latin population) and medical studies of such importance should indicate what race of Latinos were being used to measure susceptibility to the particular disease. Groups such as the Mexica Movement also reject the term Latino and describe it as a racist term that denies and obscures their indigenous (Native American) identities. The group states Latino improperly associates people of different races, i.e. associating both the Spanish colonizers and the indigenous inhabitants, especially the descendants of both groups, as the same ethnic group.[22]

Quote from article-
    "My feeling is any entity should try to reflect the ethnic composition of its community," said Kotlier, who is not Latino, and has two children in Alegria.

Can you imagine if everyone felt this way??This is insane!
    Doesn't diversity usually means a MIX-black, white, asian,male,female?

The group in this article seem to want segregation/balkanization.The kicker is it seems like they are having problems with the Superintendant, Perez,and giving him grief but have no problems with the teachers (and their job performance)except that they are white.
    I don't think this is the last we'll hear of this kind of situation.

Rawhide!

This is absolutely rediculous.......they are racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12