Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

How Suspected Illegal Aliens Escaped Immigration Raid

Local 12 News
    BREAKING NEWS ALERT: How Suspected Illegal Aliens Escaped Immigration Raid

Last Update: 11:01 pm

We are gaining new insight into the immigration raid at a Fairfield poultry plant.

Federal agents pulled 161 suspected illegal aliens from Koch Foods Tuesday, but did not find all of them.

Family members of workers say those workers were able to hide from immigration agents inside Koch Foods during that raid.

Family members of several workers say illegal plant employees hid from immigration agents inside the plant for 12 hours during the raid.

The husband of Maria Mendez Gonzales was one of the workers hiding. She didn't know if he was in jail or being deported.

"That's what I thought all night, I didn't sleep," said Maria Mendez Gonzales, husband works at Koch Foods. "I just prayed, hoping God would help me."

Agents failed to find her husband and he's still in hiding, fearing he'll eventually be sent back home.

Maria and her husband are from Guatemala. With no job at home, she admits she snuck into the U.S., actually walking across the Arizona border.

She paid $2,000 for a ride to Cincinnati. Her husband was already here, and knew to go to the "chicken company" for work, Koch Foods.

There she says her husband presented an Ohio ID card and a fake social security card he bought for $150.

He's now been an employee at Koch for three years. He works for $8 an hour, with no health benefits.

Like many of the workers detained Tuesday, the risk of living here illegally is worth it for Maria, her husband and their young son.

In Guatemala, she lived in a mud hut. Here, they make enough to rent an apartment in North Fairmount.

"We don't feel anything," said Gonzales. "It's just God who takes us where we need to go."

Maria says her husband won't come back to Koch Foods, but will find another local company ready to hire him in a few days.

20 of the workers detained Tuesday are charged with forging documents.

Koch Foods says it has a strict policy regarding illegal immigrants, and has even asked the government to check its records, but the government did not act on the offer.

http://www.local12.com/content/breaking ... 1b00f373d8

Maybe they will find him in the freezer :P
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

fake social security card he bought for $150.
    I don't feel a bit sad for this criminal...we will find him...and pray that he spends time in prison...and after we will send him home... maybe he can be an ambassador to Guatemala...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Maybe they will find him in the freezer :P
    I do not care where they find him, so long as they do, and deport him ASAP!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman