Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Huntington Bch referred 262 illegals to immigration

At the bottom is a table of the crimes with which the illegals were charged.
    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/i...police-program

H.B. police referred 262 arrestees to immigration officials
    The city's program with federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement was established in March 2007.
    By ANNIE BURRIS AND CINDY CARCAMO
    The Orange County Register
    Comments 25| Recommend 9

HUNTINGTON BEACH Surf City police have referred 262 suspected illegal immigrants arrested in connection with various crimes to federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials as part of a relationship police established more than a year ago.

Those who were referred to ICE for detention were arrested from March 2007 to August of this year on suspicion of endangering the public’s safety by committing crimes such as burglary, assault or driving under the influence, Huntington Beach police officials said.

Huntington Beach police typically made 450 arrests a month during that same time period.

ICE spokeswoman Virginia Kice said any local law enforcement agency can contact ICE if they suspect an arrestee is an illegal immigrant. Costa Mesa and the Orange County Sheriff’s Department have more formal relationships with ICE and either have trained officers to run immigration checks at the jail or have an ICE official working at the department.

In Costa Mesa, police have made about 800 ICE referrals since March 2007. They made about 450 arrests a month in that time period.

About two years ago, ICE substantially expanded its program to identify and detain suspected criminal illegal immigrants that included increased efforts to work with law enforcement agencies such as Huntington Beach.

Huntington Beach police Chief Ken Small said he started the program after talking with several agencies and officers about the referrals.

“I think it is a terrific program because I haven’t found anyone who wants undocumented people that endanger our public safety to stay in the U.S.,â€
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

[b]I think it is a terrific program because I haven’t found anyone who wants undocumented people that endanger our public safety to stay in the U.S.,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Undocumented Person Public Safety :

The many American who did not get a job due to an undocumented person is that a Public Safety issue. All Undocumented immigrants are criminals.

So why haven't employers been allowed or required to call ICE and E-Verify immigrant work status with I-9's information.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)