Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hutchison still sitting on the fence in TX

Senator Hutchison Opposes "Compromise" Bill

Published: 04-10-06

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX), Vice Chairman of the Senate Republican Conference, today announced she opposes the current, so-called “compromise” bill on immigration reform. She discussed the bill and other immigration issues on the Fox News Channel’s “Big Show with John Gibson”:

GIBSON: Well what do you think of what the Senate, did the Senate approve a compromise today? I’ve been led to believe it did.

SEN. HUTCHISON: “I think the compromise is wrong because it still allows people to come to our country illegally and know, that if they wait long enough, they will be able to get into the citizenship track with very little responsibility …

“I think that’s wrong. …

“I do believe in a guest worker program. …

“But I don’t think the bill before us, the compromise bill, is the right one and that’s why I think we need more amendments and more debate and try to do this right.”

http://www.texasinsider.org/local_news/ ... e_Bill.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey, she's one of us!

Don't be too hard on Kay. She has sent me two letters in the past. One that she supports English as the American Language. Secondly, she will not support a bill that includes amnesty. That is why she is not supporting the current compromise because it includes amnesty. Cornyn is the one I don't trust to do the right thing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, if you look at all the times Kay didn't bother to vote at all because she didn't want to get on the wrong side of whoever bought her senate seat for her, maybe you'd be disgusted with her too.

She has sent me dozens of letters. Most of them have little, if anything to do with what I wrote to her about. Some are about things I couldn't care less about and wouldn't waste ink writing about. I want her out of there and replaced with someone who acts like they know what's going on and takes interest enough to at least VOTE, for crying out loud.

her words:
    I do believe in a guest worker program. …
    and what is that if it isn't amnesty?

And I agree, Cornyn is far more dangerous than Hutchison because he has bigger aspirations. He worries me greatly. It seems only recently that he feels the need to send out even "canned" letters to the people who write to him. I guess he got wind of people like me calling him pompous!

I write to all my reps at least once a week and sometimes once a day. My mailman hates me for all those letters from senators and such he has to deliver to my door. I dan't help it.

I write to newspapers, to syndicated news shows, to senators and congressmen from states other than my own and to the party and "club" (for lack of a better word) chairpeople.

So I know pretty well that Kay isn't going to do a damn thing for the people who voted for her. I'm voting for Loux when election day rolls around for that senate seat. I've about had it with her. We need to push her off the fence and back into the private sector where her indecisiveness is less harmful to the American people.[/quote]