Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"I deeply admire what Bush did on immigration"

Snow hits political discourse on last day
    By Jon Ward
    September 15, 2007
    http://washingtontimes.com/article/2007 ... 50041/1001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    White House press secretary Tony Snow, during his last day on the job yesterday, lamented the state of modern political discourse and said President Bush is right about immigration and that his defeated plan will one day be the law.

"It's almost like watching a child misbehave in kindergarten," Mr. Snow said of blogs, pundits and politicians who are "chasing novelty."

Mr. Snow, speaking to a group of about 20 reporters over breakfast at a hotel one block from the White House, criticized Democrats for not denouncing a newspaper ad this week, run by liberal group MoveOn.org, which called Army Gen. David H. Petraeus, the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, "General Betray Us."

"Democrats should be out condemning it," Mr. Snow said, but said that in a speeded up, hyped up media landscape, "everybody's trying to be shriller than the next guy."

Mr. Snow bemoaned the personal attacks by both Democrats and Republicans that have become the status quo in political debate.

"You do worry about the depth of hatred that has been stirred up about the president," Mr. Snow said. "And frankly you see some on the right trying to do that with Hillary Clinton."

Mr. Snow, himself a former member of the media before he joined the Bush administration less than 17 months ago, started his last day at work by speaking to live national audiences on four morning TV shows.

Mr. Snow, 52, has said he is leaving to make more money and spend more time with his family. But he is also fighting cancer for the second time in three years.

The former Fox News radio and TV show host, who overcame a bout with colon cancer in 2005, was told by doctors in March that his cancer had returned and attached itself to his liver. He underwent surgery and returned to work at the White House while undergoing biweekly chemotherapy treatments.

Mr. Snow said he plans to devote much of his time after he leaves the White House to speaking, writing and educating about cancer and how to deal with serious illness. He says he thinks he can live for a long time with regular cancer treatments.

He will also write a political book, he said yesterday, about the current state of the Republican Party.

Mr. Snow was asked if the Republican Party is endangering its future because of its hard-line stance against illegal entry into the U.S.

"Ask me that question in a week, or even tomorrow," Mr. Snow said. "But as the president's press secretary I'm not going to step into that one right now."

He did, however, say that "no political party is going to be able to survive without taking a good look at what is the fastest-growing voter bloc in America."

Mr. Bush tried last year and this year to pass an immigration reform plan that was defeated in large part by conservative Republicans who viewed the plan as amnesty for illegal aliens.

"I deeply admire what [Mr. Bush] did on immigration and I think he's right," Mr. Snow said. "I think the policies the president outlined generally are the ones that eventually this country is going to adopt."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

With Due Respect

With due respect to Tony Snow (and I deeply respect and feel for the man and his family), he allowed George Bush to USE him.

Tony Snow, no disrespect meant, became Tony SnowJOB!

Tony, of course, like all of the Bush marionettes, would have no job unless he echoed the Bush mantra -- whatever it is at any given time. And so, he did.

Naturally, presidents appoint and select people based upon loyalty and dedication and Tony is a dedicated, honest and trustworthy guy. Which is why he was so easily taken advantage of, by Bush.

Parading a press secretary in front of the media to echo Presidential policy is like using a recording device -- except it's live. Does any reasonable person expect a press secretary to do other than follow the party line?

But when someone like Snow begins to privately support failed policies, especially those that so obviously are ANTI U.S. interests and ANTI America, I part company with the supporters and become a criticizer.

To say that George Bush was right about immigration and his policies will become law is downright SCARY!

Here are a few things that George Bush's policies on immigration have brought us:

1) http://www.BeltwayBull.com/illegal_aliens.htm

2) http://www.BeltwayBull.com/Border_Patrol.htm

3) http://www.BeltwayBull.com/immigration.htm

4) http://www.BeltwayBull.com/stop_immigration.htm

Unfortunately, in an unprecedented attack on the American people, the liberal media has joined forces with the open border crowd and poisons the news with lies, omissions and misinformation.

Most Americans are unable to sift through the mind-bending garbage emanating from the White House (yes, via Tony Snow, et. al) and Bush's lap dog press cadre.

The truth about illegal immigration lies somewhere between 'disaster' and 'catastrophe!'

I lost all respect for Tony Snow when he attacked talk radio and had that big blow out with Hannity over the whole amnesty garbage. What atotal sell out who showed his true colors. I REALLy hope that Fox does not rehire him becaus I will be very mad. He sold out and I really hope if he goes back into talk radio, his former peers freeze him out because he deserves it.

Referring to us as 'children misbehaving in kindergarten' ought to give you an idea of the respect our so-called leaders award us. The condescending attitude is kind of surprising from a White House that will be remembered as one of the worst in American history.

Bush and his supporters like to think of him as a modern day Abraham Lincoln and point to the similarities between the unpopularity of the two presidents during their terms. Bush will never be remembered for any positive contribution for this country. I promise you that.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

White House press secretary Tony Snow, during his last day on the job yesterday, lamented the state of modern political discourse and said President Bush is right about immigration and that his defeated plan will one day be the law.

"It's almost like watching a child misbehave in kindergarten," Mr. Snow said of blogs, pundits and politicians who are "chasing novelty."
    That has always been the usual babble from the White House. Bush likes to pretend he is EVERYBODY'S DADDY and that he is the ULTIMATE DECIDER when it comes to all of us. Bush thinks he was sent by God to be our RULER. Bush is a lunatic.
    Even though I don't agree with anything Tony Snow has said, I will still pray for him and his family.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The hidden code word here is AMNESTY.... He is referring to the 20-30 million ILLEGAL ALIENS, of which at least 85% are hispanic. They could not vote, at this time, without commiting felony voting fraud. Therefore, the only way they could be considered a voting block is if they were LEGALIZED via an amnesty. And that is still this administrations intent, most all Democrats and way too many Republicans. Roll up your sleeves, ALIPAC'ers, put on the boxing gloves and come out swinging at Congress.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)