Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A.I.M. for victory

A.I.M. for victory

By Dimitri Vassilaros
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Sunday, April 16, 2006

If Republican congressional candidates turn off the TV, they won't need tin-foil hats to watch Sunday morning news shows with nominal conservatives sending indecipherable signals about the "undocumented workers" whom voters know as illegal aliens.
    And if those candidates stare down amnesty, illegals and Mexico (the A.I.M. strategy), they win by landslides.

The bipartisan panels of talking heads on Sundays typically include liberals and "neocons" who seemingly cannot help but be patronizing and smug about the yahoos in flyover country trying to stop illegal immigration.

The conventional wisdom of Washington's wisest is that amnesty (the "A-word") for the roughly 11 million illegals in America is good for the economy. And for Republicans hoping to maintain their majority in the House of Representatives in November.

Presumably, America will profit from a massive glut of desperate unskilled labor running out from the shadows to compete openly with unemployed Americans for low-paying jobs. Rewarding illegals with citizenship also will help Republicans attract new voters, presumably because Hispanic-Americans are indifferent about lawlessness and the racist premise of this wisdom.

Is the gravitational field of political correctness in the black hole that is the Beltway so inescapable that it sucks common sense out of skulls?

The A.I.M. strategy is based on the premise that most Americans (even of Hispanic ancestry) respect the law and refuse to reward lawbreakers. They also refuse to be intimidated by hundreds of thousands of foreigners parading down Main Street USA waving Mexican flags demanding citizenship while stating the Southwest legally belongs to Mexico.

The strategy also is based on the premise that America's defenseless border with Mexico can be defended with a new attitude and security fence.

A.I.M. tactics would include hammering home the point that illegals are not as good for the American economy as apologists claim. Mexican nationals living in the U.S. sent back an estimated $20 billion to Mexico in 2005, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.

The tactics also would include alerting voters that American maximum-security prisons are overflowing with illegal aliens who have murdered, raped and robbed. Surely there are many Hispanic versions of Massachusetts convict Willie Horton, who helped Republicans win the White House in 1988.

The stunning results of a referendum in Arizona confirm that the A.I.M. strategy is right on target.

A rainbow coalition of voters in 2004 overwhelmingly approved Proposition 200, which denied government programs to illegals. About 65 percent of blacks, American Indians and Asians voted for it. Even more of the working poor. And almost half of Hispanic voters.

Voters in 2003 elected Arnold Schwarzenegger, the California gubernatorial candidate who did not pander to illegals, by 17 points over the one who did, Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante. That, after voters recalled the sitting governor who also had pandered to illegals.

A.I.M. also could devastate the Democratic Party as blacks and poor whites, two important constituencies, are forced to compete with 11 million new citizens for low-paying jobs. And as Hispanic clout in the party increases, black clout decreases.

Say adios to conventional wisdom.

Dimitri Vassilaros is a Trib editorial page columnist. His column appears Sundays, Mondays and Fridays. Call him at 412-380-5637. E-mail him at dvassilaros@tribweb.com.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune ... 43842.html

"A. I. M."

Any Illegal Migration Strategy other than stopping it will devastate the entire nation, Republicans, Democrats, Independents, White, Hispanic, Asian and Black American Citizens.

Just stop this madness and enforce US Immigration Law.

Secure the borders with a Wall of Americans...40,000 strong 20 per mile at $20 an hour to man the borders 24/7/365 in shifts and grind the flow the a half.

Deport illegals. There is no other choice. Why would any American Citizen want another choice? That is the law with good reason.

Prosecute the illegal employers and dry up the job inducement.

Stop providing benefits.

It's so simple.

Just Do It.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn