Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I witnessed Biden officials helping people come into country illegally

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I witnessed Biden officials helping people come into country illegally

I witnessed Biden officials helping people come into country illegally

By Todd Bensman

May 10, 2023 8:08pm Updated

The Biden administration recently announced a landmark deal that Mexico will continue taking Cubans, Venezuelans, Nicaraguans and Haitians rejected from the US post-Title 42.

Todd Bensman/Twitter

MORE ON:

MIGRANTS

When I checked into my hotel this week in the Mexican border city of Matamoros, across from Brownsville, Texas, near the Gulf of Mexico, I was surprised to learn that many of my fellow guests had traveled more than 7,000 miles from their homes in the Central Asian republic of Kyrgyzstan.

This is not your father’s illegal immigration.

Upon Joe Biden’s inauguration, people smugglers and their customers worldwide responded to what they called the new president’s “la Invitación” to cross the US border illegally.

Over the past two-plus years, the Biden-Harris administration has released more than 2 million illegal immigrants into the United States, with another 1.5 million “got-aways” facing no interior deportation, prompting ever more to come and try their luck.

All that happened while something known by the nickname “Title 42” was still in place. Title 42 public health orders were issued during COVID and allowed Border Patrol agents to expel border jumpers without hearings.

It was the only Trump-era border measure the current administration kept in place, though it’s been using it for an ever-smaller share of migrants.

But Title 42 ends this week, and I wanted to see for myself what was happening, so I drove down to the southernmost point of the Texas/Mexico border.

The migrant camp in Matamoros saw plenty of river crossings.

Center for Immigration Studies

I expected a lot of wait-and-see.

Venezuelans especially were pouring into the Matamoros bus station, and many Venezuelans at a huge migrant camp on the Mexican side told me they wanted to see what would happen with the end of Title 42.

They’d heard a lot of tough rhetoric from the Department of Homeland Security and certainly didn’t want to be sent back to Caracas, where most of them had not been for years, having established new homes elsewhere in South America.

They and others said that at the first sign that under the new rules border-crossers were still being released into the US, they were going to head across the river.

But it turned out that many of them didn’t wait and see — they’re pouring across the border already. They’ve been crossing at a rate of 10,000 a day along the whole border — and that’s just the ones who turn themselves in.

Title 42 is set to expire this week after being enacted under the Trump administration.

Center for Immigration Studies

As context, Obama’s DHS chief once said that even 1,000 border arrests a day overwhelmed the system.

SEE ALSO

What happens when Title 42 ends and how Title 8 replaces it

The migrant camp in Matamoros, temporary home to maybe 10,000 wannabe immigrants, saw river crossings into Texas all day and all night, not just young men but also families with children and even babies.

While the Biden administration doesn’t want state governments interfering in its illegal-immigrant-importation system, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has sent state police and National Guard to try to block some of the crossings.

My footage of state troopers manning the ridge at the top of the riverbank in Brownsville preventing illegal immigrants from getting in went viral.

In short order, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas called a press conference to condemn the Texans, who remained unrepentant. He said he couldn’t speak to the “lawfulness, or lack thereof” of Texas doing what his department refuses to do, but he clearly didn’t like it.

While I was on the Mexican side watching hundreds upon hundreds of migrants crossing the Rio Grande, I noticed an odd pattern.

A surge of migrants is expected to hit the border once Title 42 expires.

Todd Bensman/Twitter

A group of maybe 100 or 150 people would get up as though in response to a signal, and then there was a pause, followed in a little while by another group.

So I asked the Mexican immigration officials on site what was going on, and they told me something shocking.

They said their superiors were coordinating with US officials on when to let illegal immigrants cross the river.

!important]What do you think? Post a comment.

Biden’s DHS wanted to make sure they were finished “processing” a batch of migrants before the next batch came across, to make the whole process look less chaotic and newsworthy.

To achieve that, they were collaborating with Mexican officials through an encrypted social media chatroom on when to allow the next group to cross.

This goes beyond just acquiescing to illegal immigration — it’s facilitating it.

Todd Bensman is the author of “Overrun: How Joe Biden Unleashed the Greatest Border Crisis in U.S. History.”

https://nypost.com/2023/05/10/i-witn...try-illegally/

Last edited by Beezer; 05-14-2023 at 11:56 AM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

This is treason and they should be prosecuted for RICO Act, racketeering, enriching the drug Cartel making billions of dollars off of human trafficking in cahoots with corrupt Mexico.

Biden DHS Coordinating Illegal Immigration In-Flows with Mexico

A striking level of collusion, as Biden's officers use an encrypted online chat room to tell Mexico when to let migrants swim across

Facebook

Twitter

Reddit

LinkedIn

Email

Copy Link

Print

By Todd Bensman on May 10, 2023

Watch Video Updates from the U.S. - Mexico Border

Mexican immigration officials trying to control the flow of illegal border-crossers. All photos by Todd Bensman

Illegal immigrants climbing the riverbank into Texas.

MATAMOROS, Mexico – In recent days, large crowds of immigrants have formed on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande fully prepared to swim over well-worn crossing spots to Brownsville – but seemingly held back by unarmed Mexican immigration officials.

Over the course of several recent days in this northeastern Mexican city when perhaps 3,000 immigrants a day swam over to Brownsville with no opposition on either side, a curious pattern became evident.

At some sort of signal from the Mexican immigration officers, a group of about 100-150 from the crowd would suddenly stand in unison and rush down the riverbank, past the immigration officers, and swim over to America.

It turns out that this pattern was far from happenstance. The Center for Immigration Studies asked several of the Mexican immigration officers what was going on and learned that President Joe Biden’s Department of Homeland Security has been coordinating these mass swims with Mexico’s immigration service, INM, at high levels on an encrypted Whatsapp channel.

The officers explained that their senior officers were in touch with U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials about how many immigrants were gathered and were prepared to cross the river at any given time.

“We’re letting them know that there’s a group of people ready to cross,” one officer explained.

The Americans on the other side would ask the Mexicans to hold back the migrants – not because such crossings are illegal and should be blocked and obstructed, but only until the Americans had finished processing the last batch into the country through Brownsville.

Once the Americans felt they could take in more, they message the Mexicans that “they are ready to receive them.” Then, senior officials would radio the on-ground immigration officers, all of whom are equipped with radios.

Next, the officers signal to the waiting crowd to go forward and, once they figure enough are in the water, they cut off the rest and push and cajole them back into line until the Americans signal they’re ready again.

The Mexican officers said the Americans initiated this system in late April but could only guess at why – perhaps to better manage the processing of very high recent numbers of crossings. But the collaboration explains why Mexican immigration officers are stationed at the river at all, and raises many questions.

CBP did not immediately respond to CIS’s telephoned and emailed messages for comment.

But the process, which has never been publicized, amounts to a “controlled-flow” system most often used, controversially, by Colombia, Panama, and Costa Rica, to facilitate mass illegal migration to the U.S. border rather than incur the expense and trouble of blocking it in those countries.

Controlled-flow by the Biden administration’s DHS with Mexico also constitutes a highly unusual U.S. policy that demonstrates formal acquiescence to illegal immigration and an official willingness to accommodate mass illegal immigration rather than stopping, blocking, or deterring it, as required by law.

It remains unclear as the Title 42 expedited removal power comes to an end at midnight on 5/11, and is replaced by a new policy, if the controlled-flow scheme will continue working.

Numerous times in Matamoros, CIS witnessed migrants charge the Mexican immigration officers and pour into the river ahead of “schedule.”

Dozens of the migrants openly argued with the Mexican officers to let them through. But the officers argued back that they had to be patient, lest children or adults drown in uncontrolled crossings.

Mexico seemed to signal a willingness to use muscle if necessary to maintain the controlled-flow arrangement. Late Tuesday, as the crowd grew visibly restive, a squad of armed Mexican National Guard showed up and began patrolling the line.

<font size="3">

Last edited by Beezer; 05-14-2023 at 12:01 PM.