Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE arrests 54 previously deported aliens in New York

I.C.E. News Release

ICE arrests 54 previously deported aliens with prior criminal convictions in the New York City area

NEW YORK - This week, the largest U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) operation of its kind targeting previously deported criminal aliens was carried out all over the greater New York City area. Dubbed Operation RAPID, 54 previously deported aliens with criminal records were arrested on federal arrest warrants during a four-day targeted enforcement operation.

Eighty officers and agents from ICE’s Office of Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) field office in New York City, assisted by 70 additional special agents and law enforcement officers from ICE’s Office of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and the U.S. Marshals Service’s New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force (RFTF), participated in the operation.

Operation RAPID (Re-enter, Arrest, Prosecute, Incarcerate, Deport), is an operation designed to target, locate and arrest previously deported criminal aliens that have subsequently returned to the United States without authorization from the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security or the Attorney General of the United States.

All 54 individuals arrested on the federal arrest warrants have been remanded to the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service.

The U.S. Attorney’s Offices in the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York will be handling the prosecutions.

ERO officers arrested two additional foreign nationals during the operation. Both were taken into ICE custody and will be processed administratively for removal from the United States. Due to their manner of entry and their criminal histories, both are subject to immediate removal from the United States.

"This enforcement action underscores ICE's commitment to strategic, sensible immigration enforcement that enhances public safety," said ICE Director John Morton. "ICE will continue to target, arrest, and remove those who come to this country to pursue a life of crime rather than the American dream."

"These arrests vividly show how cooperation among law enforcement agencies at the federal, state and local levels produces positive results," said Lenny DePaul, Commanding Officer, U.S. Marshals Service’s New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force "We've arrested 51 previously deported criminal aliens who will now have to face justice on the crimes they've committed, and for that, our streets are safer."

Team members made arrests in the following New York counties: Bronx, Kings, New York, Orange, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester. Individuals arrested were nationals of Belize, the Bahamas, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, and St. Kitts.

Those arrested include:

- A 44-year-old from the Dominican Republic previously convicted of fraud, and receiving stolen property. At the time of the arrest, he was found to be in possession of two firearms. The U.S. Attorney’s Office has accepted prosecution for violation of Title 18, United States Code (USC), Section 922(g)(1) and Title18 USC Section 922(g)(5), felon in possession of a firearm and illegal alien in possession of a firearm, respectively.

- A 39-year-old Dominican Republic national previously convicted of multiple counts of sexual assault involving a child and of sexual activity with a minor, among other crimes.

- A 31-year-old from the Bahamas, previously convicted of robbery and grand theft motor vehicle, was also arrested. At the time of arrest, ERO officers encountered his 39-year-old brother and determined the he had also been previously deported from the United States following a conviction in Florida for aggravated assault with a weapon. He was also arrested.

This week’s special enforcement action was a joint initiative between the ICE National Fugitive Operations Program (NFOP) and the ICE Criminal Alien Program’s Violent Criminal Alien Section (VCAS). The NFOP is responsible for locating, arresting and removing at-large criminal aliens and immigration fugitives - aliens who have ignored final orders of deportation handed down by the nation's immigration courts. VCAS screens recidivist criminal aliens encountered to deter and reduce future recidivism rates of violent criminal aliens by seeking criminal prosecution. In coordination with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, the VCAS prioritizes federal criminal prosecution of egregious recidivist criminal aliens for felony violations. Illegal re-entry after deportation is currently the most prosecuted federal offense nationwide.

ICE’s Fugitive Operations Program is just one facet of the Department of Homeland Security’s broader strategy to heighten the federal government's effectiveness at identifying and removing dangerous criminal aliens from the United States. Other initiatives that figure prominently in this effort are the Criminal Alien Program of which VCAS is a major component, Secure Communities and the agency's partnerships with state and local law enforcement agencies under 287(g).

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) · U.S. Department of Homeland Security · Washington, DC 20528 · 202-732-4242

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1011/1 ... ington.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank goodness they showcased Dominican and Bahamian illegals in this shameless self-promotion piece. Can you imagine the fervor a mass arrest of Mexican nationals would have generated?

Wonder if any of the detainees had metricula consular IDs?

Great job ICE!

But you know if Nalotano did her job as well as other parts of our federal government they would never have made it into the USA again. We spend soo much money on RECAPTURING these criminals.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    Thank goodness they showcased Dominican and Bahamian illegals in this shameless self-promotion piece. Can you imagine the fervor a mass arrest of Mexican nationals would have generated?

Check out:

Returned home in 2009

465,205 Mexicans
    25,376 Canadians
    18,830 Filipinos
    15,149 Chinese
    4,658 Ukrainians

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-211459.html

U.S. Border Patrol Weekly Blotter: (09/15/2010)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-212379.html

Customs and Border Protection News Releases - Sept. 2010
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-214123.html

I.C.E. News Releases - September 2010
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-214124.html

I.C.E. News Release
    November 18, 2010

11 Mexicans indicted for growing marijuana in Ohio
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-218597.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hmm, 54 is what percent of over 500,000 admitted IAs residing in this region? .0001

I'm not popping any champagne. Maybe about 12 brewskis so I can feel as stupid as they must think I am.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

November 19, 2010, 4:19 PM ET.

54 Arrested in Sweep for Undocumented Immigrants

By Sean Gardiner

Federal agents arrested 54 undocumented immigrants who re-entered the country after being deported following criminal convictions, authorities said Friday.

The arrests were part of four days of sweeps in New York City, Long Island and upstate New York, authorities said. About 150 officers from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Homeland Security Investigations and U.S. Marshal’s New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force participated in Operation RAPID, which stands for re-enter, arrest, prosecute, incarcerate and deport.

The initiative resulted in arrests in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx as well as Nassau and Suffolk Counties in Long Island and Westchester and Orange County in upstate New York, officials said. The countries of origin of those arrested includes Chile, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama and St. Kitts.

All 54 arrested on the federal warrants have been remanded into the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service, according to officials who described the raid as the largest ICE operation of its kind.

http://oneoldvet.com/

http://blogs.wsj.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy

From the news paper article above:

The countries of origin of those arrested includes Chile, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama and St. Kitts.
    NO AMNESTY

I would like Obama and Napolitano to tell me how they re-entered since, "the border is secure"?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I would like Obama and Napolitano to tell me how they re-entered since, "the border is secure"?
    Dixie
    I bet that would be an interesting answer, if you could pin them down and make them answer.
    It would be great to watch them squirm and wiggle their way around that one.
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Dixie
    I bet that would be an interesting answer, if you could pin them down and make them answer.
    It would be great to watch them squirm and wiggle their way around that one.
    And the first thing they would say is there are record numbers of deportees!

They would NEVER mention there are record numbers of border jumpers coming in daily!

I just wonder how many in this roundup were deported without doing any jail time for the crimes they committed for being deported?
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast