Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE and Federal Law Enforcement Training Center hold kick-of

June 16, 2008

ICE and Federal Law Enforcement Training Center hold kick-off ceremony welcoming class of 287 (g) officers
    37 officers begin four-week training

CHARLESTON, S.C. - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) announced that 37 deputies and officers representing eight different law enforcement departments attended a welcoming ceremony here today kicking-off the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center's (FLETC's) new 287 (g) facilities.

The ceremony was held here at FLETC'S facility at 2000 Bainbridge Avenue.

The deputies and officers represent the following law enforcement agencies: the Missouri State Highway Patrol (10); the Loudoun (Va.) Sheriff's Office (3); the Bay County Sheriff's Office (2); the Beaufort Sheriff's Office (3); the Hall County Sheriff's Office (4); the Gaston County Sheriff's Office (6); the El Paso County Sheriff's Office (4); Prince William-Manassas Adult Detention Facility (4) and the Cabarrus County Sheriff's Office (1).

"The creation of the new ICE Office of State and Local Delegation of Authority for State and Local Officers Training facility reflects ICE's unyielding commitment to partnering with our law enforcement counterparts to ensure the safety and security of our homeland through education and cross-designation," said Jim Pendergraph, ICE's director of the Office of State and Local Coordination.

"I am proud of the men and women who have worked diligently to make our vision a reality," said Charles N. DeVita, ICE's director of the Office of Training and Development. "This one-stop shop will support officers in the development of the knowledge and skills necessary to be high-level performers under 287 (g)."

"The 287G program is a powerful tool for the state of South Carolina and for our local law enforcement agencies," said Senator Jim DeMint. "I support the ongoing effort of South Carolina to address our illegal immigration problem through stronger partnerships between our sheriffs, the South Carolina Department of Corrections and ICE. Additionally, I will continue to support stronger enforcement of our federal immigration laws, not only at the border, but in our cities and on our streets as well."

"It is my pleasure to welcome the participants of Immigration and Customs Enforcement's first residential 287(g) class, and thank you for your service in protection of our sacred homeland,â€Â
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Check everyone!

What do we have to hide!

I own my property, barely. The government knows my name, and that I am usually home. Prior military and they know even my finger prints.

It is the illegals in our state/country that have the advantage because you truly do not know who they are at all.

The employers, illegals and governments like privacy so no one has to abide by any laws. If no one is checking for a crime, why not commit the crime, is the attitude of the above threesome.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)