Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE I-9 Inspections of Employers Nationwide Continue

ICE I-9 Inspections of Employers Nationwide Continue

By: Fox Rothschild ON 1/12/2012

The Department of Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE) has issued its newest batch of 1,000 Notices of Inspection (NOIs) to employers of all sizes and in every state in the nation. These audit notices emphasize businesses related to critical infrastructure and key resources pursuant to the agency’s I-9 Enforcement and Compliance policy. They notify business owners that ICE will perform a comprehensive review (i.e. audit) of their hiring records (specifically form I-9s and associated documents) to determine compliance with employment eligibility verification laws.

This is the largest I-9 inspection action since ICE issued 1,000 NOIs in November 2009 but, unlike the 2009 action, ICE did not publicize its most recent enforcement effort. (For more information on previous inspection actions see our earlier Alerts on this topic.) Nationally, from fiscal year 2009 to date, ICE has initiated I-9 inspections against nearly 4,000 businesses resulting in nearly $7 million in fines.

Immigration Practice Alert - ICE I-9 Inspections of Employers Nationwide Continue | Fox Rothschild - JDSupra
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Until they start prosecuting the illegals this is nothing more than a dog and pony show. Kicking them out of a job is good, but they need to start prosecuting both the employers and employees.

Quote Originally Posted by nomas View Post
    Until they start prosecuting the illegals this is nothing more than a dog and pony show. Kicking them out of a job is good, but they need to start prosecuting both the employers and employees.
    They do fine employers.
    Example:
    San Diego Restaurant owner fined $400,000 for hiring illegal aliens

http://www.alipac.us/f12/san-diego-restaurant-owner-fined-$400-000-hiring-illegal-aliens-246626/
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 01-13-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Works for me