Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The ICE man cometh.....................

LOS ANGELES BRIEFING
    August 2006

News this month

The ICE men cometh
    Los Angeles is home to thousands of illegal immigrants, mostly from Mexico and elsewhere in Latin America. The hotel and restaurant industries rely on their cheap labour, and the wealthy householders of west LA depend on them to do their washing, cleaning and gardening. The LA Police Department (LAPD) usually turns a blind eye to their presence. Under “Special Order 40”, enacted in 1979, police officers do not ask immigrants about their legal status when questioning them, since doing so would discourage them from reporting crimes.

But the tide seems to be turning. Under pressure from populist anti-immigration sentiment, the federal government is beefing up its “Los Angeles Fugitive Operations Team”. The aim is to hunt down immigrants who have defied court deportation orders, concentrating on violent gang members. Nationwide the initiative, crafted by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE), an investigative arm of the Department for Homeland Security, is catching about 1,000 fugitives a week—many of them in LA. Indeed, ICE reports that since October it has arrested more than 2,800 illegal immigrants in Los Angeles, more than in any other American city.
    The Economist.

I get it. This is twice now I have read ICE is picking up the criminals first....I believe once they get the criminals, they will stop!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Special order 40............

Special Order 40

City of Los Angeles
    Special Order 40 is a police mandate that originated in 1979 by former Los Angeles Police Chief Gates and the L.A. City Council to prevent police from inquiring about the immigration status of arrestees. The downside to Special Order 40 is quite substantial because it is a powerful incentive for more illegal immigrants to flaunt U.S. law. Illegal immigrants recognize Los Angeles – and many other cities that have adopted similar laws – as a safe haven where they can’t be touched because of their immigration status. Special Order 40 is also at odds with the law. No police officer can be ordered to ignore and flout the law, including federal immigration laws.

As part of our efforts in the area of immigration law enforcement, Judicial Watch, under the California Public Records Act, requested documents from the LAPD regarding Special Order 40 and about how their officers handle illegal immigrants. We sued the LAPD for the documents after they were unresponsive to our request and were successful. We have also sued the LAPD over the actual special order.

MW
    But the tide seems to be turning. Under pressure from populist anti-immigration sentiment, the federal government is beefing up its “Los Angeles Fugitive Operations Team”. The aim is to hunt down immigrants who have defied court deportation orders, concentrating on violent gang members. Nationwide the initiative, crafted by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE), an investigative arm of the Department for Homeland Security, is catching about 1,000 fugitives a week—many of them in LA. Indeed, ICE reports that since October it has arrested more than 2,800 illegal immigrants in Los Angeles, more than in any other American city.
    How about we start rounding up ALL illegal immigrants, not just those that have defied a court order of deportation.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

yes

I have been asking/pushing for my city to send cops to get the 287g training -police trained as immigration officers. They haven't answered my emails about this yet!

We have thousands of gang members -but Sur 13 has been acting up lately. One gangbanger was caught recently wearing a bullet proof vest and carrying an automatic weapon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Special order 40............

How about we start rounding up ALL illegal immigrants, not just those that have defied a court order of deportation.

Let's start with the criminal element of the illegal population, mainly hardcore illegal gang members. The elderly and infirmed illegals are not going anywhere, not yey anyways.

TS77

That article said there are thousands of illegals in LA??? Last I heard was around 3 million!!!

If ICE wants to begin with the worst go for it. Ought to keep them busy for years. They have no where near the manpower to round up all illegals in LA. And if they have really gotten 2,800 since last Oct. it is a start. This surprises me because I figured LA was such a sanctuary city by now hardly anything was being done.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Tough border crossing............

PATIENCE MY DEAR...............PATIENCE, L.A. HAS TO BE WEENED OFF OF ILLEGALS LIKE SOME PATHETIC ADDICT, FOR YOU SEE WE HAVE BEEN "DEPENDENT" ON THEM FOR SO LONG NOW.

TS77

California or ground zero of the invasion
    When posting an article please include the links.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn