Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE narrows deportation of N.Va. illegals to worst felons

ICE moves to narrow deportation of N.Va. illegals to worst felons

Jul 28, 2008 12:00 AM (20 hrs ago) by William C. Flook, The Examiner

Filed under: WASHINGTON , William C. Flook , Immigration - Virginia

WASHINGTON (Map, News) - Federal immigration officials have told Northern Virginia governments they want to focus their limited resources on the most egregious felons when selecting jailed illegal immigrants for a deportation program.

The proposal is the latest evidence that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is having a tough time balancing its manpower constraints with the ambitions of some localities to deport all of their criminal illegal immigrants.

In a May meeting with officials in Prince William County, Herndon and Manassas, ICE said it wants the governments to scrap a specific list of crimes that qualify a criminal to be processed for deportation under the federal 287(g) program, according to a June letter from ICE to Herndon Mayor Steve DeBenedittis summarizing the meeting. The program grants local law enforcement limited immigration enforcement powers.

Instead, the program would be used for “individuals who are convicted of state or federal felony offenses and individuals who pose a significant threat to public safety,â€

The article essentially restates that if we don't have mandatory E-Verify that leads to self deportation, we will never get rid of the 20 to 40 million illegal immigrants.

More crap from Immigration and Customs Enforcement, we don't need them to pick up the worst of the worst.

The worst of the worst need to go into our prisons for their crimes and perhaps need ICE to give them a ride back home if they ever get out of jail.

ICE is trying their best NOT TO DO THE JOB!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Seems like the whinning illegal immigrant advocates in the U.S. Congress are winning. They're putting pressure on the Bush administration and ICE to back down from the aggressive deportation of illegal aliens. Our chances for the future look very bleak unless we can successfully remove our enemies from office.

Big business controls the U.S. Congress and Congress controls ICE's purse strings.

If this is a new policy for Northern Virginia, it will be the new policy nation-wide.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It isn't that I.C.E. down't want to do their job, it's only that I.C.E. can only handle so many illegals at any given time. There are many more trained jailers now that are turning more, and more illegals over to I.C.E, overwhelming I.C'E.'s limited capabilities.

We must have E-Verify, and continual harassment of illegals on the street to get them to leave on their own. It's going to take dedicated Americans helping everything along.

I.C.E. thought they would be able to deport 400,000 illegal immigrants this year. The 2008 numbers are through 07/07/2008

-----------------I.C.E. DEPORTATIONS----------------
    ---2002-----2003------2004------2005-------2006------2007------2008(ends 9/30)
    116,154--145,935--162,014--151,579--185,431--276,912-- 235,751

From the above numbers, it appears that I.C.E may achieve 300.000 deportations this year, which is probably close to their maximum capability.