Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE raids McDonald's. Is Burger King next?

Invaders whine in protest about raids on illegals who are illegally in this country and illegally holding jobs:

September 28, 2007
    ICE raids McDonald's. Is Burger King next?

It appears no American business is immune from ICE raids -- not even the iconic McDonald's, the largest chain of fast-food restaurants on the globe.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested at least 56 workers Thursday after raiding almost a dozen McDonald's restaurants as part of illegal immigration investigation, according to an Associated Press story:

The investigation began five months ago and was sparked by an identity theft complaint ... A local law enforcement agency then gave ICE information that illegal immigrants were working at specific McDonald's restaurants, he said. Luther Mack, who owns at least some of the restaurants that were raided, insisted that his businesses require employees to provide documentation. ``As an employer, I do not knowingly hire or employ undocumented or unauthorized workers,'' Mack said in a statement.

Lisa Howard, a spokeswoman for McDonald's Corp., based in Oak Brook, Ill., said the company had no comment on the arrests. ``This is a local situation with a local operator,'' she said.

The raids drew immediate criticism from Reno Mayor Bob Cashell and activists, who estimated the number of arrests to be closer to 100.

The mayor joined a news conference area Hispanic leaders and members of the American Civil Liberties Union called in front of the federal courthouse late Thursday.

``We don't approve of the Gestapo methods ICE is using,'' said Gilbert Cortez, a Latino leader who urged Hispanic workers to stay home from work in protest Friday.

Posted by Mizanur Rahman at September 28, 2007 11:29 AM
    http://www.oneoldvet.com/
    http://blogs.chron.com/immigration/arch ... st_31.html

MOD EDIT: here is the URL to the ACTUAL AP Story
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jO9W ... gD8RUEB3O0
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

``We don't approve of the Gestapo methods ICE is using,'' said Gilbert Cortez, a Latino leader who urged Hispanic workers to stay home from work in protest Friday.
    Members of LULAC, LaRaza, ACLU, Rick Sanchez, Heraldo, catholic priests, my co-worker who proudly stated that she is married to an illegal alien and all of the mouth pieces for these criminals should be arrested and deported along with the illegals they aid and abet.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

The American Flag doesn't represent criminal behavior!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They should also raid Pollo Tropical on Bird Rd and 87th in Miami, Taco Bell on Park Road in Hollywood, and many others fast food restaurants. Then they could go to Aventura Mall where almost all the employees in the food court are illegals and many stores such as Armani Exchange hire them as well. Then there is the illegal Columbian working on the Florida Turnpike System who has fake ID and some of his superiors even know it. It makes me wonder how many more are there.
    I have stated this before and will say it again: if Homeland Security paid a reward for every illegal that you turn in and they deport I could make a small fortune. Currently ICE agents are too busy with illegals in gangs in my area.

I could give them a list of at least 100 fast food restaurants to look into. This could be a congressional dream. Make the conservatives happy by getting rid of illegals, and the liberals happy by fast food closing until Legal workers can be found.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It ticks me off to NO end that here they are carrying AMERICAN flags, when any other time it would be Mexican flags. Let them be on the " wronged" side and it's American flags in their hands, when they are DEMANDING anything it's Mexicans flags. Why can't our politicins see this for what it really is?

They need to come to Colorado and visit the Burger King at Colfax and Chambers, and the Kmart at the same location while they are at it.

My daughter has noticed that many fast food restaurants no longer higher many teens as they once did. They would rather hire illegals obviously.

And Please ........clean up Carl's Jr. I can't even order a hamburger there. They don't understand English.
    And the carrying of the American flag by protesters ticks me off too. It was all Mexican flags in the demonstrations and Mexican flags fly in their front yards. They should all go home where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    And Please ........clean up Carl's Jr. I can't even order a hamburger there. They don't understand English.
    And the carrying of the American flag by protesters ticks me off too. It was all Mexican flags in the demonstrations and Mexican flags fly in their front yards. They should all go home where they belong.
    I have boycotted Carl's Jr. since my kids meal toy was ALL in Spanish
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast