Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE switches from raids to I-9 Audits

ICE switches from raids to I-9 Audits
    Updated: Mar 30, 2011 9:57 PM PDT

PASCO, Wash. -- Illegal immigration is a big problem tacked by ICE, the Immigration Customs Enforcement agency. Immigration Attorney, Tom Roach says about 70% of the agricultural work force is made of undocumented workers.

ICE used to conduct random raids, but the Obama Admiration has been trying a new tactic, and haven't done "random" raids in two years.

"The Obama administration has decided that raids are not the approach they want to take for trying to find people that are undocumented in the work force. So the new form by the government has been I-9 audits," says Roach.

There's a 65 page employment manual that goes along with directions on how it should be done.

"It's a very complicated form to fill out. I'm probably meeting with one employer a week going over their I-9's with them. I had an employer come in last week, he had 22 I-9's, every single one of them was filled out wrong," says Roach.

The form requires employers to also ask to see a driver's license and social security card or a passport or green card. Something all employers must look at and file.

The assistant manager at Dress Barn in Pasco, Karen Leiby says, "a lot of their documents are kept here at the store. We have a personnel file for each of our associates."

http://www.kndo.com/Global/story.asp?S=14354271
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh puhlease..........The I-9 is NOT that complicated. I should know, I've filled out enough of them over the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartsick
    Oh puhlease..........The I-9 is NOT that complicated. I should know, I've filled out enough of them over the last decade.
    and with I-9 also having spanish with the translation on there,.
    how hard can it be. either they can not read or they are illegal and have no idea what they are doing