Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE's Mission: Maintain White Supremacy?? ROFL

http://news.ncmonline.com/news/view_art ... 8ae9aaea26

Immigration Raids Echo History of African Americans

New America Media, Commentary, Jean Damu, Posted: Sep 13, 2007

Editor’s Note: Raids on undocumented workers today are nothing new for African Americans, who saw raids on their own population more than 150 years ago.

In August local law enforcement and immigration officials in a small Pennsylvania town began receiving reports that undocumented immigrants were being offered sanctuary at a nearby residence. Furthermore, the reports went on to say, during the daytime hours, the immigrants were blending into portions of the local population and working in one of the city’s factories.

After several weeks of investigation, the authorities determined that, in fact, the reports of the undocumented immigrants’ activities were true.

In response to this perceived emergency, an interagency task force of immigration and local police personnel was organized. It was decided that an early morning raid would be the quickest and safest way to take the immigrants into custody and to prepare them for deportation.

The raid was carried out in September. After a brief struggle, the undocumented were overpowered, handcuffed and taken to jail, where they were told to prepare themselves for hearings to determine their eligibility for deportation.

The above incident is not unusual. It has played out countless times, in countless cities across the nation, as the United States struggles to come to grips with a moral question that is rooted in economics – the issue of undocumented workers.

The unusual aspect of the story, however, is that it did not take place in 2007 or 2006. It took place in the town of Christiana, Pa. And it took place in 1850.

In 1850, it was not the office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) that conducted the early morning raid, but rather an office of the U.S. Marshal and Deputy Marshal. And in 1850, the undocumented that were being rounded up were not Latinos or Asians but rather fugitive enslaved Africans who had crossed into Pennsylvania from Delaware in an attempt to escape slavery.

The fugitives were given sanctuary by members of the Black Self-Help Society, an armed organization that was formed many decades before the African Blood Brotherhood and the Black Panther Party. The group foreshadowed by only a few years the entry by massive numbers of blacks into the Union armies to fight the formerly officially endorsed “slavocracy.â€
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

Here we go again. Sorry but Civil Rights for Black Americans and enforcing our law regarding illegal lawbreakers have NOTHING in common.

The Civil Rights movement was to provide long overdue rights to Black AMERICANS who were treated beyond horrible because of the color of their skin. They did not illegally enter this country. People of all races came together and were killed and sacrificed to make sure that there was change in this country for Americans. To even compare this struggle to the pretend struggle of illegal aliens is a spit on the grave of all those who fought to make this country a better place for all Americans.

Deporting illegal aliens is enforcing the law. They are not Americans who are having horrible conditions placed on them like Black Americans did. I don't like illegals-they ruin our country, quality of life, I pay more taxes, etc. They should have no rights and it is sickening to me that they do. I could care less what color, nationality, religion, etc. an illegal alien is. If they have blonde hair, blue eyes and speak English-Goodbye! If they are Black-Goodbye. If they are Hispanic-Goodbye!

This guy here is really grasping at straws here. Calling these slaves from this raid in 1850 "undocumented". How clever.

It is a shame that the race card has to be brought out all the time on this issue. The last thing this has to do with is race. I don't know why people don't get that.

When I first started researching this illegal invasion, I used to feel the need to defend myself when I was called a racist. It almost surprised me that race would be interjected, as it was, to me cut and dry, legal vs illegal and enforce the law. What does that have to do with race? I guess I was naiive back then. Now I expect the race card to be used. It is part of their playbook. It is sad because it cheapens any real type of racism that is happening.

I think the thing that absolutely sickens me the is they compare both the civil rights movement and illegal aliens. Illegal aliens break many laws and for the most part nothing happens to them. They get freebies, live in nice houses, drive nice cars, etc. They alway have plenty of $$ to send back to their home countries. On the other hand, prior to the civil rights movement, Black Americans just lived their lives and were treated like crap for just being in their own country.

Yeah-real legitimate comparison

What a bunch of hooey.When you have no legal arguement then you just throw anything out there hoping it will stick.
    Especially if it has to do with past racial struggles of our country.

To this I say;Those trying to use these issues falseley to further their own illegal agenda should look at their own personal racial bias !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

You can post a comment if you click on the the link to the article. My comment ...... the article is trash black people were not here illegally and did not break into our country.

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    What a buch of hooey.When you have no legal arguement then you just throw anything out there hoping it will stick.
    Especially if it has to do with past racial struggles of our country.

To this I say;Those trying to use these issues fasley to further their own illegal agenda should look at their own personal racial bias !
    I totally agree-there are all types of racism. To me this is just another form and disgusting.

The United States is not the fix-all to the world's economic factors.
    I can understand that global economic forces change constantly and create migration, but the United States should/could not be its Band-Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    The United States is not the fix-all to the world's economic factors.
    I can understand that global economic forces change constantly and create migration, but the United States should/could not be its Band-Aid.
    Exactly LawEnforcer!

I find it disgraceful that people are comparing the plight of the illegal immigrant to that of slaves! Elvira and Rosa Parks?! Give me a break. If anything, blacks should be furious any time this comparison is made!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

working4change
    What an outrage! Blacks had NO choice. Any excuse to twist a story to promote the OBL

If I were black I'd be MOST offended by this. The pro-illegal movement is in no way comparable to the Civil Rights Movement. Please
    don't try set yourselves up as some kind of civil rights heroes, THIS IS NOT ABOUT RACE! ITS ABOUT NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY.

Unlike illegals, slaves at the time didn't have a choice in coming here and they didn't have a choice in staying here or going home either.

[quote] – the agency that is currently conducting raids against “illegal immigrantsâ€
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

Editor’s Note: Raids on undocumented workers today are nothing new for African Americans, who saw raids on their own population more than 150 years ago.
    Here we go again. Another IGNORAMOUS BLOWHARD!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast