Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just got off the phone with senator Brogdon, he sponsored oklahomas scr10. He said scr 10 was moved to bussiness and labor to quietly kill it. the person in bussiness and labor was part of the nasco trans corridor. so he doesnt think it will go anywhere. he said hes going to keep trying. he did say it was a states right issue when i asked him.

This is oklahomas scr10, just incase anyone is curious.

STATE OF OKLAHOMA

1st Session of the 51st Legislature (2007)

SENATE CONCURRENT
    RESOLUTION 10 By: Brogdon

AS INTRODUCED

A Concurrent Resolution urging the United States to withdraw from the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America and any other activity which seeks to create a North American Union; and directing distribution.

WHEREAS, President George W. Bush entered into the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) of North America with the nations of Mexico and Canada on March 23, 2005; and
    WHEREAS, the gradual creation of such a North American Union from a merger of the United States, Mexico, and Canada would be a direct threat to the United States Constitution and the national independence of the United States and would imply an eventual end to national borders within North America; and
    WHEREAS, on March 31, 2006, a White House news release confirmed the continuing existence of the SPP and its “ongoing process of cooperation”; and
    WHEREAS, Congressman Ron Paul has written that the key to the SPP plan is an extensive new North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) super highway: “Under this new ‘partnership’, a massive highway is being planned to stretch from Canada into Mexico, through the State of Texas”. The super highway will also pass through Oklahoma; and
    WHEREAS, this trilateral partnership to develop a North American Union has never been presented to Congress as an agreement or treaty, and has had virtually no Congressional oversight; and
    WHEREAS, state and local governments throughout the United States would be negatively impacted by the SPP and North American Union process, such as the “open borders” vision of the SPP, eminent domain takings of private property along the planned super highways, and increased law enforcement problems along those same super highways.
    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE SENATE OF THE 1ST SESSION OF THE 51ST OKLAHOMA LEGISLATURE, THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES CONCURRING THEREIN:
    THAT the Oklahoma State Legislature urges the United States Congress, especially Oklahoma’s Congressional delegation, to use all of their efforts, energies, and diligence to withdraw the United States from any further participation in the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America.
    THAT the Oklahoma State Legislature further urges Congress to withdraw the United States from any other bilateral or multilateral activity, however named, which seeks to advance, authorize, fund, or in any way promote the creation of any policy or structure to accomplish any form of North American Union as described in this resolution.
    THAT a copy of this resolution be sent to the Majority Leader of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, and to the members of Oklahoma’s Congressional delegation.

51-1-1699 THC 3/26/2007 11:50:13 AM

Way to go jbird,
    I
    First,its good to know the bill is there and they are acknowledging the NAU exists, now you just have to stay on it and don't let them bury it, fax and e-mail all state Reps and get anyone else you know to do it to, make them bring it back out and get it sent to president and congress.

The states issue is interesting because I don't know how much power a state has without the majority of the country on an issue concerning the whole nation. will be intreresting to find out.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Amendment 10
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

I dont know if this helps sosadforus.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    Amendment 10
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

I dont know if this helps sosadforus.
    The issue of trade would probably fall under foreign trade that is under the jurisdiction of congress, but the highways I believe is a different story, the states should have alot of control over that.
    You know there is just so much involved in the NAU and you probably need to be a lawyer to know how much they can do without the states concent. It is interesting isn't it.
    But one thing is for sure it is bad for the United States not just because it is bad for us in the sense of our economy but the open borders and circlular migration would be devastating to out country.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

sosadforus wrote:
    The states issue is interesting because I don't know how much power a state has without the majority of the country on an issue concerning the whole nation. will be intreresting to find out.

Im not sure either, I cant make heads or tails out of the tenth amendment. My guess would be that the state could choose not to take part in the nau/spp if it felt it was harmful to the state. I might be wrong but I thought the fed govt was suppose to work for the states, not the states working for the fed govt. just my 2 cents.

But one thing is for sure it is bad for the United States not just because it is bad for us in the sense of our economy but the open borders and circlular migration would be devastating to out country.

Yup, nau/spp and illeagal immigration is all part of one big package.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    DITTO jbird!! I'll drink to that!!

Where is there a list, if any, about which states are part of the anti-NAU MOVEMENT? Could someone post them here please? Thanks in advance.
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

From article above: Other states where proposals are pending are Arizona (S.C.M. 1002), Illinois (H.J.R. 29), Georgia (S.R. 124), Missouri (S.C.R. 15 and H.C.R. 33), Montana (H.J.R. 25), Oklahoma (S.C.R. 10), Oregon (S.J.M. 5), South Carolina (S. 416 and H. 3185), South Dakota (S.C.R. 7), Tennessee (S.J.R. 8, Virginia (S.J.R. 442 and S.J.R. 387), and Washington (H.J.M. 4018 and S.J.M. 8004).

hope that helps thomas moore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12