Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Idaho Panel Rejects Immigration Bill

Not sure if this story has been posted yet:
    -------

March 17, 2008, 12:43PM
    Idaho Panel Rejects Immigration Bill
    The Associated Press

BOISE, Idaho — For the second time this year, Idaho lawmakers have killed a proposal that would have cracked down on employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants.

The Senate State Affairs Committee rejected a bill Monday similar to one that died in the House State Affairs Committee earlier this month.

The proposal would have required employers to verify workers' immigration status. Companies who failed to comply could have had their business licenses suspended or revoked.

The measure was modeled on an Arizona law that has caused scores of immigrants to flee to other states or back to their homelands.

Sen. Mike Jorgenson, R-Hayden, told the committee that he didn't expect his bill to pass the Legislature. He said he introduced it as a way to start negotiations with employers to create a guest worker program.

"I think it's sad commentary that the state's not even willing to look at this," Jorgenson told The Associated Press on Monday. "It's abundantly clear that there are interests in Idaho that don't have the drive to put these checks and balances in place."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/5626010.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Including Sali in DC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's abundantly clear that there are interests in Idaho that don't have the drive to put these checks and balances in place."

The only thing clear to me is the fact that Big Business is running the state of Idaho just like it is running Washington! CHEAP LABOR, AND GREED ARE RUNNING THIS COUNTRY, and too hell with the legal Americans who need to make a decent living.

Here's what I just sent to all the Idaho Senators this morning about this:

Dear Senator:

The federal government has ignored the will of the people by refusing to enforce our immigration laws. They have dismissed the American people’s constitutional rights and have decided instead to represent only big business and special interest groups who want to keep an active flow of cheap labor coming into this country. The federal government has told the very people who have fought for this country’s freedoms for over 200 hundred years, and have worked to make this country what it is today, that their voices no longer count. The federal government has insulted the American worker and won’t be satisfied until they replace each and every one of them with cheap, foreign labor. The federal government has ignored the fact that drunken illegal aliens kill 12-13 American citizens on our highways every single day, and they murder another 12-13 daily in violent crimes. The federal government has refused to acknowledge the unchecked diseases brought here by foreign nationals from third world countries, and the federal government has finally lost the respect of the American people.

Now, the state of Idaho has said it’s going to ignore the will of the people, too, by rejecting an employer enforcement bill without even giving the Idaho citizens a chance to debate it. Now it’s our Idaho State Affairs Committee members who are pandering to big business and special interests groups and telling the Idaho people their voices no longer count.

Those of you on the State Affairs Committee who recklessly rejected an employer enforcement bill, just made an announcement to the illegal alien population that our doors are wide open for foreign workers. You just told the country that Idaho has an open door policy for illegal aliens and would rather do business illegally to support corporate greed, than to protect its people. You just told the Idaho worker you don’t care that his wages are dropping like a rock while he watches cheap illegal labor taking over the workforce here. You just told big business that it’s okay to ignore using the guest worker programs that are already in place so they can hire an illegal worker at a lower wage and make higher profits. You just passed the buck and said it’s the federal government’s job to enforce the laws even though you know a state has that right, and the duty to do it on its own. You just refused to let an enforcement bill get to floor because you know that the majority of our elected officials feel the same way I do about illegal immigration and the bill would pass. These are the kind of cheap tricks our politicians play in Washington D.C. to pander to the corporate elites and I’m sadly disappointed that it’s beginning to trickle into Idaho as well.

It won’t take long for you to see the results of this decision. If you think the economy’s bad now, wait until Idaho fills up with illegal aliens. Lifetime citizens who built these communities will move out, and they will take their money and their future taxpaying children with them, and they will leave behind a state scrambling to find enough funds to pay for its new uneducated, low-skilled population who refuses to assimilate. It won’t take long before hospitals are closing because they can’t keep up with the free health care; and it won’t take long for this state to realize it can’t build schools fast enough to accommodate the overflow of students who instead of being taught American history, are being taught the culture of a foreign country. It won’t take long to wonder why the unchecked diseases these people bring with them are rapidly spreading through our communities and why our police force can’t keep up with the rising crime. According to the Pew Hispanic Center, there were 35,000 illegal aliens living in Idaho in 2005. What do you suppose the number is now? What do you suppose the number will be in another 3 years? How many more are you willing to let come to Idaho before you realize we’re beginning to sound and look a lot like the federal government?

There is a low roar building within the Idaho people, and it’s getting louder everyday. More and more Idahoans are letting it be known they are unhappy with the influx of illegal aliens in their state. And I’m right there with them because I am sick of reading news articles like the one about the little 5 year old girl who was viciously raped, then murdered by an illegal alien. And about the illegal alien woman who hit a school bus and killed four of the kids who were on it. And about the two nuns who were out walking at night, and were raped then strangled to death right there on the street by a day laborer who wasn’t even supposed to be in this country. And about the little 7-year old girl who was raped by her mother’s illegal alien boyfriend just before he hung her by the neck in her mother’s garage. And about the little 2-year old boy who was beaten to death by his step-father who was in this country illegally. And about the entire family who was wiped out by an illegal drunk driver because in his country it’s a sport to get drunk and drive. I could go on and on because there are thousands of these cases every year that the corporate elites won’t allow to be reported on television because the media is trying to soften our attitudes about illegal aliens so they can keep them coming into the country. These are the kind of people that those of you on the State Affairs Committee are representing. These are the kind of people you are protecting instead of the Idaho citizens.

Yup, the roar of the Idaho people is getting louder, and I’m right there with them, and I’m going to keep hollering until everybody in Idaho hears me. And I am going to keep hollering until I make some of you in Congress listen because tomorrow another 25 American citizens will die at the hands of illegal aliens and another bunch of jobs will be taken from the Idaho worker. And the Idaho people don’t deserve any of this from their government.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Gee Tiny I wished you tell them how you really feel!

I'm setting up my Weekly Bulletin to send to Senators and Congressmembers of victims of illegal immigration. Hope it turns out good.

RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.