Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you think Bush has any intention to secure the border...

If you think Bush has any intention to secure the border, just check this out:

http://www.spp.gov/

The Smirking Chimp's betrayal has begun, and it already has a website.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

to achieve the Security and Prosperity Partnership Of North America, Congress and the President would have to OFFICIALLY nullify the Constitution and they don't have that power. Whether they like it or not, the citizens and the states are still in control -- it's just going to take some states a little longer to realize that
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Mamie:
    In my opinion what they are trying to do is -for all intents and purposes- NULLIFY our Sovereignty and bypass us through legislation. We would be a nation in NAME ONLY, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Bush would like to call it the " New United States" (after all that's what his voting law called us.)
    Please check out the Bundled AmendmentSA4188 to S2611 presented by Arlen Specter and agreed on minutes before the end of debate. Please please read the original Amendments submitted by Chis Dodd and Kennedy (that were tabled) Arlen Specter incorporated parts of these into these amendment. I have included parts of all amendments below. You can find them in the Congressional record. These are part of the SPP agenda to marginalize us .
    Please take note that the Term "Security and Prosperity Partnership Of North America" is present in Kennedy's original amendment and missing from Specters. However, the intent is the same. I think Specter was trying to cover this up.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    SA 4188. Mr. SPECTER (for himself and Mr. Kennedy) proposed an amendment to the bill S. 2611, to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes; as follows:

SEC. 117. COOPERATION WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF MEXICO.

(a) Cooperation Regarding Border Security.--The Secretary of State, in cooperation with the Secretary and representatives of Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies that are involved in border security and immigration enforcement efforts, shall work with the appropriate officials from the Government of Mexico to improve coordination between the United States and Mexico regarding--

(1) improved border security along the international border between the United States and Mexico;

(2) the reduction of human trafficking and smuggling between the United States and Mexico;

(3) the reduction of drug trafficking and smuggling between the United States and Mexico;

(4) the reduction of gang membership in the United States and Mexico;

(5) the reduction of violence against women in the United States and Mexico; and

(6) the reduction of other violence and criminal activity.

(b) Cooperation Regarding Education on Immigration Laws.--The Secretary of State, in cooperation with other appropriate Federal officials, shall work with the appropriate officials from the Government of Mexico to carry out activities to educate citizens and nationals of Mexico regarding eligibility for status as a nonimmigrant under Federal law to ensure that the citizens and nationals are not exploited while working in the United States.

(c) Cooperation Regarding Circular Migration.--The Secretary of State, in cooperation with the Secretary of Labor and other appropriate Federal officials, shall work with the appropriate officials from the Government of Mexico to improve coordination between the United States and Mexico to encourage circular migration, including assisting in the development of economic opportunities and providing job training for citizens and nationals in Mexico.

(d) Consultation Requirement.--Federal, State, and local representatives in the United States shall consult with their counterparts in Mexico concerning the construction of additional fencing and related border security structures along the international border between the United States and Mexico, as authorized by this title, before the commencement of any such construction in order to--

(1) solicit the views of affected communities;

(2) lessen tensions; and

(3) foster greater understanding and stronger cooperation on this and other important security issues of mutual concern.

(e) Annual Report.--Not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act, and annually thereafter, the Secretary of State shall submit to Congress a report on the actions taken by the United States and Mexico under this section.

On page 51, line 12, strike ``

554'' and insert ``

555''.
    On page 53, between lines 3 and 4, strike ``

554'' and insert ``

555''.
    On page 53, between lines 14 and 15, insert the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA 4089. Mr. DODD (for himself, Mr. LUGAR, and Mr. SALAZAR) submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill S. 2611, to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes; which was ordered to lie on the table; as follows:

At the appropriate place in the bill insert the following new section:

SEC. .

(a) FINDINGS--

(1) There are currently between 10-12 million illegal immigrants in the United States in 2006.

(2) As many as 70% of such migrants are citizens of Mexico.

(3) More than 1 million illegal migrants are apprehended annually in the United States southern border area attempting to illegally enter the United States, with an additional 500,000 entering undetected.

(4) Despite Operation Gatekeeper which began in 1994 with the construction of fencing in urban crossing areas and other efforts to stem the flow of illegal immigration, the flow of such migration has continued at high levels.

(5) Migrants have continued to cross into remote rural areas where difficult terrain and climate conditions have caused the deaths of some 2500 migrants over the last decade.

(6) Communities on both sides of the border will be impacted by the construction of additional fences and security structures.

(7) Illegal immigration cannot be permanently resolved or contained without the cooperation of Mexico and other countries that are the source of such migration.

( After some years of turning a blind eye to the migrant problem, Mexican authorities have recently acknowledged their responsibility for addressing illegal migration by Mexican citizens.

(9) It is in the interest of the United States to have the full cooperation of Mexican authorities in tackling illegal migration and other border security issues.

(b) CONSULTATION REQUIREMENT.--Consultations between United States and Mexican authorities at the federal, state, and local levels concerning the construction of additional fencing and related border security structures along the United States-Mexico border shall be undertaken prior to commencing any new construction, in order to solicit the views of affected communities, lessen tensions and foster greater understanding and stronger cooperation on this and other important issues of mutual concern.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    SA 4094. Mr. KENNEDY submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill S. 2611, to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes; which was ordered to lie on the table; as follows:
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?r ... 6MN:e65893:

At the appropriate place, insert the following:

SEC. __. PROMOTING CIRCULAR MIGRATION PATTERNS.

(a) Labor Migration Facilitation Programs.--

(1) IN GENERAL.--The Secretary of State is authorized to enter into agreements, with the appropriate officials of foreign governments whose nationals participate in the temporary guest worker program authorized under section 218A of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as added by section 403 of this Act, for the purposes of jointly establishing and administering labor migration facilitation programs.

(2) PRIORITY.--The Secretary of State shall place a priority on establishing labor migration facilitation programs under paragraph (1) with the governments of countries that have a large number of nationals working as temporary guest workers in the United States under section 218A of such Act. The Secretary shall enter into such agreements not later than 3 months after the date of the enactment of this Act or as soon thereafter as is practicable.

(3) ELEMENTS OF PROGRAM.--A program established under paragraph (1) may provide for--

(A) the Secretary of State, in conjunction with the Secretary and the Secretary of Labor, to confer with appropriate officials of the foreign government to--

(i) establish and implement a program to assist temporary guest workers from the foreign country to obtain nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15)(H)(ii)(c) of such Act; and

(ii) establish programs to create economic incentives for aliens to return to their country of origin;

(B) the foreign government to--

(i) monitor the participation of its nationals in the temporary guest worker program, including departure from and return to their country of origin;

(ii) develop and promote a reintegration program available to such individuals upon their return from the United States; and

[Page: S4904] GPO's PDF (iii) promote or facilitate travel of such individuals between their country of origin and the United States; and

(C) any other matters that the Secretary of State and the appropriate officials of the foreign government consider appropriate to enable nationals of the foreign country who are participating in the temporary work program to maintain strong ties to their country of origin.

(b) Bilateral Efforts With Mexico to Reduce Migration Pressures and Costs.--

(1) FINDINGS.--Congress makes the following findings:

(A) Migration from Mexico to the United States is directly linked to the degree of economic opportunity and the standard of living in Mexico.

(B) Mexico comprises a prime source of migration to the United States.

(C) Remittances from Mexican citizens working in the United States reached a record high of nearly $17,000,000,000 in 2004.

(D) Migration patterns may be reduced from Mexico to the United States by addressing the degree of economic opportunity available to Mexican citizens.

(E) Many Mexican assets are held extra-legally and cannot be readily used as collateral for loans.

(F) A majority of Mexican businesses are small- or medium-sized with limited access to financial capital.

(G) These factors constitute a major impediment to broad-based economic growth in Mexico.

(H) Approximately 20 percent of the population of Mexico works in agriculture, with the majority of this population working on small farms rather than large commercial enterprises.

(I) The Partnership for Prosperity is a bilateral initiative launched jointly by the President of the United States and the President of Mexico in 2001, which aims to boost the social and economic standards of Mexican citizens, particularly in regions where economic growth has lagged and emigration has increased.

(J) The Presidents of Mexico and of the United States and the Prime Minister of Canada, at their trilateral summit on March 23, 2005, established the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America to promote economic growth, competitiveness, and quality of life throughout North America.

(2) SENSE OF CONGRESS REGARDING PARTNERSHIP FOR PROSPERITY.--It is the sense of Congress that the United States and Mexico should accelerate the implementation of the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America to help generate economic growth and improve the standard of living in Mexico, which will lead to reduced migration, by--

(A) increasing access for poor and under served populations in Mexico to the financial services sector, including credit unions;

(B) assisting Mexican efforts to formalize its extra-legal sector, including the issuance of formal land titles, to enable Mexican citizens to use their assets to procure capital;

(C) facilitating Mexican efforts to establish an effective rural lending system for small- and medium-sized farmers that will--

(i) provide long term credit to borrowers;

(ii) develop a viable network of regional and local intermediary lending institutions; and

(iii) extend financing for alternative rural economic activities beyond direct agricultural production;

(D) expanding efforts to reduce the transaction costs of remittance flows in order to increase the pool of savings available to help finance domestic investment in Mexico;

(E) encouraging Mexican corporations to adopt internationally recognized corporate governance practices, including anti-corruption and transparency principles;

(F) enhancing Mexican efforts to strengthen governance at all levels, including efforts to improve transparency and accountability, and to eliminate corruption, which is the single biggest obstacle to development;

(G) assisting the Government of Mexico in implementing all provisions of the Inter-American Convention Against Corruption (ratified by Mexico on May 27, 1997) and urging the Government of Mexico to participate fully in the Convention's formal implementation monitoring mechanism;

(H) helping the Government of Mexico to strengthen education and training opportunities throughout the country, with a particular emphasis on improving rural education; and

(I) encouraging the Government of Mexico to create incentives for persons who have migrated to the United States to return to Mexico.

(3) SENSE OF CONGRESS REGARDING BILATERAL PARTNERSHIP ON HEALTH CARE.--It is the sense of Congress that the Government of the United States and the Government of Mexico should enter into a partnership to examine uncompensated and burdensome health care costs incurred by the United States due to legal and illegal immigration, including--

(A) increasing health care access for poor and under served populations in Mexico;

(B) assisting Mexico in increasing its emergency and trauma health care facilities along the border, with emphasis on expanding prenatal care in the region along the international border between the United States and Mexico;

(C) facilitating the return of stable, incapacitated workers temporarily employed in the United States to Mexico in order to receive extended, long-term care in their home country; and

(D) helping the Government of Mexico to establish a program with the private sector to cover the health care needs of Mexican nationals temporarily employed in the United States.

I've often called the Senate "the Senate for Mexico" and reading these amendments it is quite obvious -- had I not known this was the United States Senate, I would have thought it was Mexico.

2) SENSE OF CONGRESS REGARDING PARTNERSHIP FOR PROSPERITY.--It is the sense of Congress that the United States and Mexico should accelerate the implementation of the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America to help generate economic growth and improve the standard of living in Mexico, which will lead to reduced migration, by--
    I don't care what "sense" Congress thinks it has, the only power vested in Congress was to provide for the "common defense and general welfare of the United States" -- NOT Mexico.

and it is MY understanding that the Secretary of State has no authority to enter into agreements with any foreign country -- only the President, with the advice and consent of the Senate, can enter into treaties with foreign powers.

(D) Migration patterns may be reduced from Mexico to the United States by addressing the degree of economic opportunity available to Mexican citizens.

E) Many Mexican assets are held extra-legally and cannot be readily used as collateral for loans.

(F) A majority of Mexican businesses are small- or medium-sized with limited access to financial capital.

(G) These factors constitute a major impediment to broad-based economic growth in Mexico.
    "migration patterns" will be reduced IF Congress secured the border and punished those that illegally enter this country.

the Senate has no power to regulate commerce FOR and on BEHALF OF Mexico

every Senator that voted for this is subject to and should be charged to treason --

LunaLun

I was so shocked by what I read, I forgot to answer your post -- YES they are in fact NULLYFING our Constitution
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Great post Lunalun.
    I wish everybody would read it. I have been talking about the SPP and the Super Highway for months. It all ties in. Bush wants open borders, period. And he will do everything in his power to get it done.
    I mentioned something about the SPP to my husband the other day, and he asked "does Lou Dobbs know?" I acted surprised at this, because I've been talking about it for months. Joke was on me I guess. Anyway, I guess thats probably the same way anyone else would respond. Not too many people gave it a second thought. Everyone took for GRANTED that only other countries had corrupt politicians, not America.
    THATS WHY BUSH'S AGENDA CREPT PAST EVERYONE, BECAUSE NO ONE WAS PAYING ATTENTION!!
    Everyone needs to get informed! Read up on SPP and Super Highway. Its all about borders and has everything to do with The United States of America!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Border control

Border control is a farce. The Congress of the United States has been undermining the Constitution of the U.S. for years by agreeing to programs and "rules" of the U.N. Agreeing to these "rules" which are in direct violation of the Constitution should be treated as treason.