Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL:After demand fed hispanic senator change law e-verify!!

This is a google translation of an article in La Raza today. Was this anywhere else? Bottom line; employers can use the e-verify program, but don't have to? If so -I don't think so Ms. Martinez. I hope Chertoff doesn't go for this.

After demand federal Hispanic senator seeks to change law on e-verify

STNG

(CHICAGO) - State Sen. Iris Martinez (D-Chicago) today announced its plans to introduce an amendment to the state law for workers' protection, which would allow companies to register with the Illinois federal program control eligibility employment known as "E-Verify."

To counter the demand by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the proposal of the Puerto Rican Senate would change the "Law on Right to Privacy in the Workplace" to indicate they are "recommends, but does not prohibit" to employers in Illinois not to enroll in the E-Verify, Martinez said in a statement.

In September, DHS filed a lawsuit against the state to block the implementation of the federal program in Illinois. The Illinois law prohibits the state participates in the program until it reaches an accuracy rate of 99 percent.

According to a statement by the press office of the government, at present the program E-Verify has an accuracy rate of less than 50 percent, and delay 10 days to produce results.

The DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff told reporters that the law "has been declared illegal compliance with a federal law" and thus "is not constitutionally acceptable."

Martinez said his amendment would ensure that the state "will continue to protect the basic rights of workers in Illinois, while avoiding the costs and delays of protracted litigation."

http://www.laraza.com/news.php?nid=49595
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

at present the program E-Verify has an accuracy rate of less than 50 percent, and delay 10 days to produce results.
    I read that it was about a 1% error rate. The 50% is probably coming from 50% of the numbers are FALSE!

The 10 days is a LIE. I just spoke with a man who uses the program and said it took seconds.

Yes indeed.

The most recent stats I've seen about E-Verify put the accuracy rate at about 98% and that is done nearly instantaneously.

The number of excuses that [illegal] employers can hide behind is becoming fewer. I wonder how many of those same employers that say 'we can't do this because it's such an imposition and forces us to do this online verification' use E-Bay or Craigslist? (I'll bet most all do...)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How can they go against a federal Law, that does not make sense.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)