Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

IL-Costello niece accused of harboring illegal immigrant

Saturday, Jun. 20, 2009| Comments (1)
    Costello niece accused of harboring illegal immigrant
    BY BETH HUNDSDORFER - News-Democrat

The niece of U.S. Rep. Jerry Costello, D-Belleville, was arrested Friday on a federal charge of harboring an illegal immigrant who is a twice-convicted drug felon.

A federal grand jury indicted Deanna L. Costello, 42, of Fairmont City, on Wednesday on a charge that she concealed Rogelio Salaices Arnenales in October 2006.

David Gillies, Jerry Costello's spokesman, declined to comment.

Deanna Costello was being held Friday night in the St. Clair County Jail.

Salaices-Arnenales, a Mexican national, was previously deported Jan. 3, 2006, from Hidalgo, Texas, according to federal court records, after he was convicted of conspiracy to distribute 5 kilograms or more of cocaine. He re-entered the country illegally April 1, 2006, near Douglas, Ariz.

He was indicted again Dec. 18, 2006, on federal charges of conspiracy to distribute marijuana and cocaine and possession with intent to distribute marijuana.

During the course of the investigation, Salaices-Arnenales admitted that he was involved in the distribution of at least 140,000 grams of marijuana and at least 1,770 grams of cocaine.

Government agents overheard numerous drug-related telephone calls where Salaices-Arnenales arrived for pickup, transport and distribution of controlled substances, court records stated.

He also pleaded guilty to charges of being an immigrant who illegally re-entered the country after deportation.

Salaices-Arnenales was sentenced to more than nine years.

Christopher Vital, 22, Deanna Costello's son, also was indicted as part of the drug conspiracy. He pleaded guilty and received three years in prison in 2008.

Deanna Costello is the daughter of Jerry Costello's brother, Joseph, who died in a boat fire in 1992. Jerry Costello is a former St. Clair County Board chairman and currently represents the 12th Congressional District.

An arraignment date has not yet been scheduled for Deanna Costello.

Contact reporter Beth Hundsdorfer at bhundsdorfer@bnd.com

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/story/815165.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Salaices-Arnenales, a Mexican national, was previously deported Jan. 3, 2006, from Hidalgo, Texas, according to federal court records, after he was convicted of conspiracy to distribute 5 kilograms or more of cocaine. He re-entered the country illegally April 1, 2006, near Douglas, Ariz.
    This is assinine! Build the g--d-- wall NOW! Build it a mile high and 100 yards thick, made of concrete, barbed wire, and electrical wires. Make it cover every single inch of the border. Increase border security, take the tax money given to LaRaza and LULAC and MALDEF and give it to Border Patrol. Send the US military to the border if necessary to kill all drug dealers and gang leaders committing any act of violence. Throw employers of illegal aliens in jail, throw their butts in jail. Start deporting now, we've deported millions before, we can do it again. If we start deporting, many will self-deport before they get caught.

Change the 14th amendment and the stupid family reunification laws- no more anchor babies, no more chain migration.

Stop this insanity NOW!!!!! We demand it!!! Do you hear us???

Like the lady said, who's letter Glenn Beck read on his show - We are coming for you if you don't change this NOW!!!!! We are coming for you.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

I hear you build it now. Its only common sense.

http://commonsensepac.ning.com/

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Builditnow, I copied and pasted that letter with the link to sign the petition to almost everyone I know! Both American and Canadian, That last paragraph grabbed me too!

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Builditnow, I copied and pasted that letter with the link to sign the petition to almost everyone I know! Both American and Canadian, That last paragraph grabbed me too!
    I signed it too, just this morning. At that time signatures were being added to it at the rate of about 400 per hour, that was at about 7:00am central time, on a Saturday morning. There were about 106,800 signatures then. I included some notes about illegal immigration in mine.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

And built it high!!

Signed
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

were is the link to sign the petition?
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Quote Originally Posted by HippieChick
    were is the link to sign the petition?
    Here's the link, you can also just google "glenn beck" or go to glennbeck.com or foxnews.com/glennbeck. Look for link to "letter" or "sign petition".

The first item on the list in the letter is about illegal immigration.

By the way, there are now 2,400 more signatures than there were 3 hours ago, when I signed it this morning. Thats 800 signatures per hour!!

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articl ... 198/26742/