Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL: Illegal immigrant speaks about life in sanctuary

I am so sick of invading lawbreakers like this. Not only does she break the law and come here illegally and then ignores a deportation order by hiding out in a church, she blasts the U.S. for trying to make her leave. How dare we create such racist, inhumane laws? How dare we ask immigrants to learn English? According to her, we must teach the people here that without millions of illegals, this country would fall. How we need to stop our racist immigration laws and stop calling ourselves a country of "democracy, of justice, of equality". How she really never wanted to become a citizen, but after she was arrested that all changed, if she were a citizen she would make even more demands.

Illegal immigrant speaks about life in sanctuary
    By SOPHIA TAREEN
    Associated Press Writer

CHICAGO --Flor Crisostomo stands before the worn wooden pews of the storefront church and tells the visiting students that she doesn't regret paying a smuggler to get her across the border.

The 29-year-old illegal immigrant has defied a deportation order to Mexico, where her three children live, - by seeking sanctuary at the Adalberto United Methodist Church for the past six months.

"There are angry people who don't understand why I am here," she tells the students in Spanish, as she wipes away tears. "I am here to help my children."

Crisostomo, who also writes about her experiences, often talks to school groups. She tells them how she immigrated to the U.S. in 2000 and was arrested in 2006 during a raid at an IFCO Systems site in Chicago.

She is one of 14 illegal immigrants are seeking sanctuary in churches nationwide, claiming the act helps illustrate the plight of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants living in the U.S.

Crisostomo recently sat down with The Associated Press to discuss sanctuary and the election.

Q: Why did you decide to live here and defy a deportation order?

A: We have to show the government that we are many, we are strong, we are humans and that we deserve respect in this country. There's a concept that we're criminals or living on welfare or Social Security. There are millions of cases in the U.S. (like me). The majority are forced out of their countries of origin because of trade policies created with this system of government.

Q: Why aren't the presidential candidates talking about immigration?

A: Because we can't vote for them. We're undocumented. (Also), it's a competition ... the one who touches the topic the least will have the most votes.

Q: If you could vote in the presidential election, who would you vote for and why?

A: Maybe (Barack) Obama. I think that he would govern with humanity.

Q: If you could have the ideal immigration reform, what would it have?

A: The first and the most important: reunite families. The most important thing is to stop violating the rights of children who are U.S. citizens. We need to re-negotiate NAFTA. ... Specifically, they can help farmers and help stimulate (the value) of local products like corn, flour, milk and sugar (in Mexico).

Q: Does that (policy) include learning English?

A: Yes, it's necessary for a day-to-day basis, but it's not possible for everyone. We can learn a little by little. But to force, "English-only" in the whole country, that's not fair also.

Q: Have you learned English?

A: The basics, but not much else.

Q: What would you say to people who say you're a criminal?

A: They have to study and learn about the situation, about the problem of immigration, why we are here ... They should be aware that without the 12 million undocumented, this country will fall.

Q: Tell me about the decision to come to the U.S. alone.

A: When you can't find economic resources in your own country, you have to look for some way to feed your family.

Q: When you were crossing, did you envision becoming a citizen and returning to get your children?

A: No. Only to make a future in our own country and return to be with them.

Q: So, you don't want to be a citizen?

A: Actually, I would like to be a citizen of the U.S.

Q: Why?

A: The plan changed from the moment I was arrested. This is a country and a government that tells the world that it's a country of democracy, of justice, of equality. The principles are contradicting, not corresponding in reality.

Q: Why would you want to be a citizen then?

A: Because we can make a change within this country. Being a citizen you can make more demands.

Q: Why live in this church?

A: Because this is a church that was made to help the fight of people who are undocumented. The church has opened its doors ... and is here to speak the truth politically.

Q: You never leave?

A: No.

Qo you miss your family?

A: My children understand why I'm here and are working within the situation in Mexico. I know that they have food to eat every day.

Q: Do you worry you'll be taken into custody by ICE?

A: No.

Q: Why?

A: Because this is church. I haven't killed anyone.

Q: What would you do if you got deported?

A: I wouldn't resist. They think they are doing the right thing.

Q: How long will you stay in sanctuary?

A: For the time that's necessary.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

MW
    "There are angry people who don't understand why I am here," she tells the students in Spanish, as she wipes away tears. "I am here to help my children."
    How are you helping your kids? Are your sponsors (illegal immigrant advocates) paying you to be their spokesperson? Children can't eat dreams. Furthermore, after reading this article, I'm betting most of the words came from Sophia Tareen, not Flor Crisostomo.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    She's put herself in jail. She may still be in the country, but she can't leave the church. What kind of life is that? Eventually she'll step out and ICE will arrest her, just like our friend Elvira.

A: Because we can make a change within this country. Being a citizen you can make more demands.

Demands, Demands, Demands!

It's always about DEMANDS with these people.

They are unwanted by their own Government, so come here and “[color=red]Demandâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Is there steam coming out of my ears??? Her viewpoints represent the 12 million? Heaven help us...

So many questions to be answered.

She came here to work. She is now not working but her children have food everyday. How is that? She might as well go back. These young children understand why she isn't with them and understand what she is doing -I don't think that is psychologically possible.

Wants to become a citizen so she can make demands.

No mention of identity theft. Or that the possibility of her becoming a citizen is mute (unless... the new president waves her crimes away).

She talking to school groups?? Who on earth is taking school groups to see here and how young are they??

She says they are many, are strong, are human, and deserve respect. What have you done to deserve respect. You're in hiding for God's sake...

After all these years she only knows the basics of English. What do you say to that Mr. Obama?

She thinks without the 12 million undocumented our country will fall. Why don't you give us a chance to find out. If we need you we will call you back.

What an eye-opener...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What the hell does this Mexican peasant know about NAFTA or anything else? She is a puppet who has good memory for repeating the garbage fed to her by Emma Lozano and her Communist/Pastor husband Slim Coleman. Flor hasn't been past the 3rd grade...so she's hardly an "expert" on anything. Give me a break.....it's just so maddening.

Crisostomo, who also writes about her experiences, often talks to school groups. She tells them how she immigrated to the U.S. in 2000 and was arrested in 2006 during a raid at an IFCO Systems site in Chicago.
    If my kids school EVER allowed this crap propoganda to be spread, I would scream so loud they wouldn't be able to hear for a month!

Hey Flor, I'm a CITIZEN of the United States and I DEMAND you be DEPORTED!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

These people are being brain washed....."America will fall"

They really think America can not make it with out them

Please go home and let us worry about it and handle it our way in our country....sheeez how did we ever make it for over 300 years
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)