Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL: Mexican born man working in Elgin charged with ID theft

I've seen all kinds of labels in this paper. This article uses 'a Mexican-born Addison man.' Was the SS case resolved yet that was going to decide about this kind of fraud -if the number was false, did purchaser knowingly buy a real or false number, etc...

Addison man working in Elgin charged with ID theft
    By Lenore T. Adkins | Daily Herald Staff

Published: 4/30/2009 2:12 PM | Updated: 4/30/2009 4:40 PM

A Mexican-born Addison man used a stolen Social Security number to live his version of the American dream, making more than $80,000 in nearly three years, police said.

Felix Aguilar, 43, of the first block of West Diversey Avenue, was arrested Wednesday and charged with identity theft, a Class 2 felony that carries up to seven years in prison upon conviction, authorities said.

Kane County Judge John Noverini on Thursday morning set Aguilar's bond at 10 percent of $50,000.

According to court documents, Aguilar paid $400 for someone else's Social Security number, which he bought at least four years ago from a man in Elk Grove Village.

In 2005, Aguilar applied for a job at John B. Sanfilippo & Sons nut factory in Elgin, using the Social Security number and provided name as if they were his own, documents said.

Aguilar was hired there as a factory worker in May 2006 and held the job through April 17, 2009, making a total of $80,717, documents said.

The investigation began Feb. 16 in Reno, Nev., where the victim resides, Elgin Deputy Police Chief Cecil Smith said. Elgin assisted with the Illinois portion of the probe, Smith said.

Aguilar was released from the Elgin lockup Thursday after posting bond. He is due back in court May 12 at the Kane County Judicial Center.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=290328
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Aguilar was released from the Elgin lockup Thursday after posting bond. He is due back in court May 12 at the Kane County Judicial Center.

Wonder what the chances are he shows up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow 1 immigrant charged...thats making head way on the stolen identity problem!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Just a bit off topic but does anyone here know the SOP when a SS # is found to be used by more than one individual? Would I be notified if mine was being used by some-one else? I'm pretty sure that if it were used to open lines of credit I would be screwed and find out about it the hard way but what if it was being used just for employment?