Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL. State DREAM Act To Get Vote Today

May 25th, 2011, 11:32am

State DREAM Act To Get Vote Today

The Illinois DREAM Act might finally see it’s fate today.

SB 2185 passed the state House executive committee on a party line vote of 7 to 4 on Tuesday. It’s now moved to the House floor for a vote, and Nathan Ryan of the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights (ICIRR) said the vote is likely to happen Wednesday.

The state House of Representatives has 64 Democrats and 54 Republicans set to cast their vote, so the bill is highly likely to pass with the 60 votes necessary --with or without the GOP on board. Still, ICIRR spokeswoman Cathy Salgado said advocates are seeking Republican support after the bill passed in the state Senate with a vote of 45-11 with overwhelming bi-partisan support -- something the Senate Republicans took heat for.

The state DREAM ACT establishes a privately-funded Illinois DREAM Fund for scholarships to “DREAM youthsâ€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sickening and IL is so far gone into illegal alien territory it stinks.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Trying to stop these things is like trying to put out a wildfire.

Everytime you knock it down somewhere it pops up elsewhere.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Its gotten so bad in Il.There are 8 of us that go duck hunting in southern Il.been going up there since 1993 hunting on state land but all around us is guided hunts in the early years you would see land owner and guys he would hire setting up decoys calling in birds and using dogs to retreve birds now all you see started about 5 years ago land owners setting up trailor homes hiring hispanics to set decoys calling birds and retreving birds makes you sick to see this.We have talked to some of the land owners why well they work cheap rent free and dont complain about working conditions.WHAT A CROCK OF BS.its all about the cheap labor.Everybody that knows waterfowl hunters knows weather is usually bad and cold.Thats why we dont hunt with these kind of places.We do everything our selves and give me my LAB.anyday she works because she loves it and she not cheap

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Trying to stop these things is like trying to put out a wildfire.

Everytime you knock it down somewhere it pops up elsewhere.
    Maybe after todays decision by the US Supreme Court it will have some bearing on changes about to happen or soon coming to a state near you.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

it is almost 4 this afternoon. Any info if they passed it or not?
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Bad news.

Senate Passes Illinois DREAM Act

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-239237.html
    NO AMNESTY