Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ILLEGAL ALIEN Alaska officer accused of passport, ID fraud

Alaska officer accused of passport, ID fraud

By RACHEL D'ORO, Associated Press
    Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:57 p.m.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Authorities say a Mexican national in the U.S. illegally stole another man's identity and became a police officer in Alaska.

Rafael Mora-Lopez pleaded not guilty Friday to charges of passport fraud in U.S. District Court in Anchorage. Federal agents processing a renewal request for his passport discovered the alleged fraud.

His attorney, Alan Dayan, declined to comment to The Associated Press.

Mora-Lopez had been employed as an Anchorage police officer since 2005 under the name Rafael Espinoza.

He was arrested Thursday after federal and state authorities searched his home and found documents confirming his true identity.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011 ... -id-fraud/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

John I have heard all kinds of stories like that here in Florida. A friend told me about one guy worked with a fake SSN and he only got caught when he was retiring. The department asked for his SSN and he just left and went home. They sent officers over to his residence and he ending up getting arrested.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    John I have heard all kinds of stories like that here in Florida. A friend told me about one guy worked with a fake SSN and he only got caught when he was retiring. The department asked for his SSN and he just left and went home. They sent officers over to his residence and he ending up getting arrested.
    I find these stories almost unbelievable! We hear these stories every so often and each time I'm more amazed. If an illegal invader had the chutzpah to use fraudulent information to become a police officer, then you can bet we have illegal invaders who have infiltrated all levels of government jobs, both at the state and fed level.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I find these stories almost unbelievable! We hear these stories every so often and each time I'm more amazed. If an illegal invader had the chutzpah to use fraudulent information to become a police officer, then you can bet we have illegal invaders who have infiltrated all levels of government jobs, both at the state and fed level.
    I know a person who worked for the state of Florida whose coworker originally began working with fake ID and then once he got his greencard and a legitimate SSN he claimed his old one was stolen to his employer and submitted his real one. If he got in like that how many others are there?

APD Officer Arrested for False Passport Application
    Officer In U.S. Illegally, Used U.S. Citizen's Name

An Anchorage Police officer has been serving under an assumed name and is in the country illegally, the U.S. District Attorney's Office says.

Rafael Mora-Lopez, 51, is charged with a false application of passport, using the name Rafael Espinoza to apply or re-apply for a passport in January. Mora-Lopez pleaded not guilty Friday afternoon.

When the passport application was made, the Department of State discovered that duplicate passports with the same information existed.

Anchorage police say Mora-Lopez, who is actually a Mexican citizen, had been working with the Anchorage Police Department as Rafael Espinoza since May of 2005.

The Department and the U.S. Attorney’s Office would not say how long Mora-Lopez had been in Alaska or the U.S., or how long he had been using Espinoza’s name, saying that many details would not come out until trial because it is an ongoing investigation.

U.S. Attorney Karen Loeffler said charges were brought Thursday, and Mora-Lopez was arrested the same day. “It came to our attention and was resolved in about 24 hours,â€

Maybe it is time to have Federal background checks done at all Police Departments and see how many others are working under fraud I.D's. I would start first with the ones that wants to "opt out" of programs, which assist ICE with removals of undocumented immigrant criminals.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

This type of fraud is probably just the tip of the iceberg. The more sophisticated illegals go for better jobs than fast food or construction. I've heard that many do in-home teaching, dental and medical work because they had a dental or medical license back home. Others use their own anchor babies social security numbers and identity up to the time the kid turns 18. This whole crap about illegal immigration is knee deep in s*. Sadly, most of the population is not even aware of all the games, tricks and fraud that's committed on a daily basis. Wasn't there a story a couple of years ago about illegals working at major U.S. airports, handling baggage, food carts, janitorial and other jobs that gave them access to critical areas and airplanes?
    Insane.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by legalalien
    This type of fraud is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
    I agree. The invaders have infiltrated so much in our country why not law enforcement.

I expect to see more of this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by legalalien
    This type of fraud is probably just the tip of the iceberg. The more sophisticated illegals go for better jobs than fast food or construction. I've heard that many do in-home teaching, dental and medical work because they had a dental or medical license back home. Others use their own anchor babies social security numbers and identity up to the time the kid turns 18. This whole crap about illegal immigration is knee deep in s*. Sadly, most of the population is not even aware of all the games, tricks and fraud that's committed on a daily basis. Wasn't there a story a couple of years ago about illegals working at major U.S. airports, handling baggage, food carts, janitorial and other jobs that gave them access to critical areas and airplanes?
    Insane.
    Scary information!!

If they know about the increasing fraud and criminal crimes committed by undocumented aliens, why are they blocking laws against those people? It seems they would want every law enforcement agency in this Country to assist with locating and deporting illegal aliens. Conflicting and very disturbing actions of people that are suppose to keep citizens and this Country safe.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast