Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The LAPD’s ban on immigration enforcement mirrors bans in immigrant-saturated cities around the country, from New York and Chicago to San Diego, Austin, and Houston. These “sanctuary policies� generally prohibit city employees, including the cops, from reporting immigration violations to federal authorities.

Such laws testify to the sheer political power of immigrant lobbies, a power so irresistible that police officials shrink from even mentioning the illegal-alien crime wave. “We can’t even talk about it,� says a frustrated LAPD captain. “People are afraid of a backlash from Hispanics.� Another LAPD commander in a predominantly Hispanic, gang-infested district sighs: “I would get a firestorm of criticism if I talked about [enforcing the immigration law against illegals].� Neither captain would speak for attribution.
    Surely it is not possible that banning the police and other civil employees from turning illegal aliens over to the proper authorities is legal. Why do the citizens in communities with such bans not overturn the ban in the courts? If one condones such bans are the citizens saying that it is OK and does that in fact make it OK? It is not legal to be an illegal alien and I suspect it is not legal for local governments to issue and enforce a ban prohibiting police from turning them over to Federal authorities.

Any attorneys in the audience that can speak to this issue?

Most sanctuary cities became that way in ther 80s to 'help' the refugees from Central America during wars.The problem now is mainly Mexican.