Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Illegal Alien Crime Wave

www.city-journal.org/html/14_1_the_illegal_alien.html

The Illegal-Alien Crime Wave
    Heather Mac Donald

Some of the most violent criminals at large today are illegal aliens. Yet in cities where the crime these aliens commit is highest, the police cannot use the most obvious tool to apprehend them: their immigration status. In Los Angeles, for example, dozens of members of a ruthless Salvadoran prison gang have sneaked back into town after having been deported for such crimes as murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and drug trafficking. Police officers know who they are and know that their mere presence in the country is a felony. Yet should a cop arrest an illegal gangbanger for felonious reentry, it is he who will be treated as a criminal, for violating the LAPD’s rule against enforcing immigration law.

The LAPD’s ban on immigration enforcement mirrors bans in immigrant-saturated cities around the country, from New York and Chicago to San Diego, Austin, and Houston. These “sanctuary policies� generally prohibit city employees, including the cops, from reporting immigration violations to federal authorities.

Such laws testify to the sheer political power of immigrant lobbies, a power so irresistible that police officials shrink from even mentioning the illegal-alien crime wave. “We can’t even talk about it,� says a frustrated LAPD captain. “People are afraid of a backlash from Hispanics.� Another LAPD commander in a predominantly Hispanic, gang-infested district sighs: “I would get a firestorm of criticism if I talked about [enforcing the immigration law against illegals].� Neither captain would speak for attribution.

But however pernicious in themselves, sanctuary rules are a symptom of a much broader disease: the nation’s near-total loss of control over immigration policy. Fifty years ago, immigration policy might have driven immigration numbers, but today the numbers drive policy. The nonstop increase of immigration is reshaping the language and the law to dissolve any distinction between legal and illegal aliens and, ultimately, the very idea of national borders.

It is a measure of how topsy-turvy the immigration environment has become that to ask police officials about the illegal-alien crime problem feels like a gross faux pas, not done in polite company. And a police official asked to violate this powerful taboo will give a strangled responseâ€â€
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Such laws testify to the sheer political power of immigrant lobbies, a power so irresistible that police officials shrink from even mentioning the illegal-alien crime wave. “We can’t even talk about it,� says a frustrated LAPD captain. “People are afraid of a backlash from Hispanics
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

noillegalimmigrationannie and 2ndamendsis,

If you really want to spend a few hours reading about the gangs of Southern Calif. and having your eyes wide open.

Go to this link, it is a 8 part story and there is plenty more at the site. You will not believe it. I know I still can't get over it.

It made me more determined to keep up what I was doing about the illegal immigration situation.

The next generation of the illegals that were "just good folks" are worst than your worst nightmare.

http://lang.presstelegram.com/gangs/index-d1.asp

The article posted by noillegalimmigrationannie was distressing and depressing. I would not live in L.A. (or anywhere near it) for all the tea in China. The good news is that I believe a backlash against illegal immigration is coming in this country that will make the Hispanic reaction look miniscule.

That great American Conservative majority are getting fed up with this nonsense. The only challenge is getting them to act.

We must trust that right will prevail and never ever let up.
    When we gonna wake up?

Darlene,

Thanks for the link on additional information on this subject. You mentioned it was long. I've briefly checked it out and will get back to it soon for some long reading.

Scarecrow mentions never wanting to go to LA. I wouldn't either. I actually lived in a town about 100 miles north of LA between the ages of 3-11 and haven't been back there since. I've always wanted to go back for a visit but after hearing on this website and through other sources how California (err, Mexifornia) has been destoyed by massive invasion of illegals, I don't think I will ever want to visit now.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Such laws testify to the sheer political power of immigrant lobbies, a power so irresistible that police officials shrink from even mentioning the illegal-alien crime wave. “We can’t even talk about it,� says a frustrated LAPD captain. “People are afraid of a backlash from Hispanics
    2ndamendsis,

This was one of the sections of this article that stood out for me too. It's just insane how much power immigrant lobbies have gained and how police officers have been obstructed from doing their jobs in protecting citizens.

Yes, it's insane that people that support illegal aliens, and the aliens themselves have 'power'...What sort of pass have we come to when the Chief of Police in LA has to negotiate with groups that support illegal aliens in order to set 'policy'??

I thought that not having to negotiate law was what law enforcement was about? It isn't? It's about pandering to people who might yell and write ugly things about you...call you racist, xenophobic, etc and so on??

I believed that what was on the statute was completely non-negotiable, no matter who wanted it changed...until and unless the legislature changed it. Coming from this mindset it's little wonder that my head spins when I read some of this stuff.

These 'groups' have no power other than what is granted them by the law enforcement officials...because they certainly don't come by 'power' through statute. It's time to say sit down and shut up before you get shut down via Rico statute. But, of course, that would take integrity...and a very thick skin.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

NOILLEGAL wrote
    This was one of the sections of this article that stood out for me too. It's just insane how much power immigrant lobbies have gained and how police officers have been obstructed from doing their jobs in protecting citizens.
    From the massive amount that I've read over the past few days this sticks out the most for me

FORD foundation funded/created LA RAZA
    FORD continues to fund LA RAZA
    TIDES {Kerry & wife} foundation funnels money into FORD
    other FOUNDATIONS fund LA RAZA and that's not including what Watchman posted today
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)