http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=10663

Illegal Alien Invasion Deadlier Than Iraq

by Mac Johnson
Posted Dec 5, 2005

When your first acts in America are to illegally sneak in, lie about your status, obtain fraudulent identification, deceive public services and solicit an itinerant job in the underground economy, people have a right to ask what sort of neighbor you might become.

The illegal alien’s life of deceit and struggle would seem to appeal only to those very desperate to leave their homelands. And the failed societies which inspire such desperation in their poor tend to be much more violent than the United States. “How much of this violence is imported into the United States with these desperate migrants?� is thus an obvious question to be asked in the debate over the costs and benefits of tolerating millions of such immigration criminals.

It may be an obvious question, but there is little attempt to answer it by government. Given that the first responsibility of government is to protect the lives of its citizens, this is surprising. Or it would be, if my last shred of idealism had not long ago been euthanized by my sense of reality on the subject of our willfully neglected borders.

If records on the homicide associated with illegal immigration exist, the obscurity in which they are shrouded is inviolate. After failing to find such information on the websites of numerous federal agencies, I spoke with a press representative of the FBI. Although very polite, he was very sure that murders by illegal aliens was not the sort of thing the FBI would keep track of, and so he gave me the phone number of a representative of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Division of the Department of Homeland Security. This got me off the phone with the FBI.

The lady at ICE was also a very polite, and suggested that I call the FBI. After I explained that I just had, she then suggested that I check the Statistical Yearbook on the internet. And after I explained that I had pretty much read the whole thing already, she gave me the number of somebody at the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS). This got me off the phone with the ICE.

The BJS spokesman was not very polite at all, but was knowledgeable. He explained that no one kept track of illegal alien murders and that the closest thing to such a record would be the applications to the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program of the Federal Government (SCAAP). This program is designed to stop border states from organizing against illegal immigration by reimbursing them millions of dollars in costs associated with imprisoning any illegal aliens convicted of either one felony or two misdemeanors. Since the records of the program simply trigger the transfer of huge sums of Federal tax money, they are not very informative or accessible. He suggested that I contact all 50 state governors.

I am dumb, thus I did. In doing so, I clearly identified myself as a very important press-associated person, confident that this would trigger quick and thorough responses. In the next three months, I received almost one dozen responses to my 50 queries. Two contained useful information. Vermont, wonderfully isolated as always, told me about the illegal aliens in its prison systemâ€â€