Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ILLEGAL ALIEN KILLS AMERICAN-MISDEMEANOR

The headline I used is a little misleading. I posted it that way because I thought it was important for people to read this. Apparently there was a loophole in Ohio laws that let people who never had a drivers license to literally get away with murder. It's been changed. I wonder if this same loophole exists in other states?? Read the article.

Comments can be left at the link.

Bill to close fatal accident loophole
    Kelly Barr hopes Sayre sponsored law will send message to unlicensed drivers
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Lee Morrison
    The Times-Reporter
    Posted Dec 18, 2008 @ 12:01 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    COLUMBUS, OH — Kelly Barr, wife of the late John Barr of Dover, is hoping that a pending state law that closes a loophole regarding fatal traffic accidents will send a message.

The Ohio House of Representatives has passed the bill sponsored by Rep. Allan R. Sayre, D-Dover. Passed by an overwhelming majority, the bill now goes to Gov. Ted Strickland for his signature to become law.

“Hopefully, it will send a message that they need to have a driver’s license to drive and to abide by state laws,â€

I am glad the murderer was deported, but I tend to wonder what kind of idiots wrote the original laws that allowed unlicensed drivers the free ride to begin with.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I am glad the murderer was deported, but I tend to wonder what kind of idiots wrote the original laws that allowed unlicensed drivers the free ride to begin with.
    I'm wondering how many minutes it took the illegal alien to get back over the border to the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I'm wondering how many minutes it took the illegal alien to get back over the border to the U.S.
    Probably less than 24 hours
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is the Ohio Governor going to meet with the family of this hate crime victim?

Or do they only do that when the victim is non-American?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PatrioticMe, the title you posted was not misleading. It was right on target. What's so frustrating is the laws in many states, if not all, leave loopholes such as this, laws that "don't properly cover" the illegal activities of illegal aliens who get caught performing their illegal activities. Therefore the illegal alien gets a pat on the wrist and sent on his way so he can come back illegally under another illegal identity and perform more illegal activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Is the Ohio Governor going to meet with the family of this hate crime victim?

Or do they only do that when the victim is non-American?
    I doubt it. Just like at the Oberlin City Council meeting the other night, they're going to keep calling Americans who point out the truth "hatemongers" and "fearmongers" and then cite the "immigrant" in NY or NJ..wherever it was....as a "hate crime".

This is the stupidest law I have ever heard of and anyone invoved in passing something like this should be removed from office....immediately!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Can anyone tell me why it took a year and a half to correct this?
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast