Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal alien with long criminal history stabbed woman to death in Texas

Illegal alien with long criminal history stabbed woman to death in Texas

View 6 photosView 6 photos

Harding University

Dave Gibson
    Immigration Reform Examiner
    January 11, 2014

Related Photo:

foxsanantonio.com/booking photo
    January 11, 2014

On Jan. 4, police in San Antonio arrested Christian Ivan Bautista, 29, only four days after he reportedly stabbed a woman to death on a jogging trail located in the Northwest section of the city.

On New Year's Eve, the body of 24-year-old Lauren Bump was discovered on a trail in O.P. Schnabel Park. She had been stabbed multiple times.

It was along this same trail where police apprehended Bautista, after a woman reported a suspicious man "pacing back and forth."

Under questioning, Bautista admitted to being at the park on New Year's Eve, but denied killing Bump.

However, Bautista's roommate told investigators that on New Year's Day, Bautista told him: "I stuck that (expletive). I cut her up real nice," according to court documents.

Bautista has a long criminal record, with arrests in both California and Texas.

KENS 5 reported:

His criminal history in Bexar County includes eight different instances.

The 29-year-old was arrested for drug possession in 2006 and a few weeks later was charged with illegal entry, according to county records.

State records obtained by the I-Team revealed Bautista finished a five-year sentence for aggravated robbery in October and was released from state custody October 29, a little more than two months before Bump was murdered.

While Bautista was once charged with illegally entering this country and spent at least six months in federal custody, there is now a great deal of confusion over why he was never deported.

On Jan. 8, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials confirmed publicly that Bautista did have "legal" status in this country, but that his current immigration status was still "up in the air."

All attempts by this reporter to reach ICE for further clarification have failed.

Bautista has been charged with murder and is being held on $200,000 bond at the Bexar County Jail.

On Friday, Ruthie Hendrycks, host of The Ruthie Report, expressed the frustration which many Americans now feel over such senseless crimes...

Hendrycks said:
    Bautista’s immigration Status was 'Up In The Air' really? Are you kidding me?...This illegal alien has already spent time in custody for illegal entry, drug possession and aggravated robbery… and no one thought it was important to determine his true immigration status and deport this criminal?"
    "So, now law enforcement is just not even going to bother to check immigration status? Maybe if someone had--Bautista who was just recently released, would have been deported, instead, another innocent woman was murdered. This willful ignorance/head in the sand policy of allowing us to be nothing more than human collateral for political gain must stop," Hendrycks continued.
    Lauren Bump was a second-year graduate student at Harding University in Arkansas, and was studying to become a physician's assistant.

She had recently completed missionary work in Guatemala and planned on using her degree to help those in need.
    Read Bump's obituary...

A memorial service in Bump's honor will be held on Sunday at 2pm at Fellowship Bible Church in Searcy, Ark.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ille...to-death-texas

Yet another life lost because of an illegal, the numbers just keep growing. So tragic and this could have been prevented. It's infuriating!

Suspect in park murder has a confusing immigration history

by Joe Conger / KENS 5
    Bio | Email | Follow: @joe_congerPosted on January 13, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Related:

SAN ANTONIO -- The I-Team has received new information from immigration officials about Christian Bautista, and how he happened to be in the United States “legally.”

Bautista is charged in the murder of co-ed Lauren Bump, who was found brutally stabbed in O.P. Schnabel Park.

Originally, Bexar County authorities said Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Homeland Security had placed an immigration detainer on Bautista.

Today, ICE told the I-Team that detainer was a “mistaken hold,” because Bautista was already a U.S. citizen.

ICE confirmed that in 2006, local law enforcement referred Bautista to their agency.

But ICE spokeswoman Nina Pruneda said, “It was later determined that he (Bautista) is a U.S. citizen. Therefore, ICE has no jurisdiction regarding this individual.”

The I-Team has uncovered that originally, Bautista was considered a “legal permanent resident,” because one of his parents was a U.S. citizen.

Christian Bautista was no stranger to law enforcement: according to local, state and federal records, Bautista had been arrested at least seven times as an adult: from drug charges, to criminal mischief, to aggravated assault where he beat a man with a tire iron for his IPod.

And just two months after serving prison time for that crime, he was back in jail—this time accused of stabbing Lauren Bump to death.

Sources within ICE say that sometime between his tire-iron assault and the alleged stabbing death at O.P.Schnabel Park, Bautista successfully received his citizenship.

KENS 5 called officials with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

They said FBI fingerprint and criminal background checks are mandatory on all individuals prior to allowing resident aliens to take the oath and become citizens.

But what actually happened in Bautista’s case remains unknown, because federal privacy laws prohibit the I-Team from getting any access to Bautista’s immigration case.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/I-Te...239998081.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn