Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gee do you think he might be a terrorist guys? Why else would he have all that info on how to be a pilot, maps of the airport, pilots uniform and flying manuals? What else could he be doing?
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.commercialappeal.com

Former U of M student sentenced and ordered deported

By Lawrence Buser
    Contact
    July 14, 2006
    A former University of Memphis student who prosecutors said was a terrorist sympathizer was sentenced to 13 months in prison Friday for fraud and was ordered deported to his native Egypt.

Mahmoud Maawad, 29, was never charged with terrorist acts, but authorities said he wrote messages of support on web sites the government has identified as belonging to Al Queda leaders in Iraq and radical Sunni Muslim organizations.

He also ordered DVDs on pilot training, Memphis airport layouts and how to look and act like an airline captain.

Maawad’s computer showed that he had searched the Internet for how guns and bombs could be smuggled through airport magnetometers and had used key words such as "car bomb" in other searches.

"I don’t think you appreciate the seriousness of your offense," U.S. Dist. Court Judge Bernice Donald told Maawad. "You’ve shown no remorse, no respect for the law or institutions and your attitude has been one of defiance."

Maawad said he was not a terrorist and only wanted to learn about issues relating to the 9/11 attacks.

"I didn’t mean anything bad," said Maawad, who has been in the United States illegally since 1999 when his visitor’s visa expired. "I just want to know. I’m a Muslim, but I read the Bible. I like to know. That’s all."

He pleaded guilty last month to fraudulently obtaining pilot materials from an Ohio aviation company.

Authorities said Maawad used a phony Social Security number to enroll at the U of M and to obtain a bank debit card.

Federal prosecutor Steve Parker said Maawad, who has been in federal custody since his arrest last September, will be credited with time already served and will go into immigration custody for deportation when his sentence is completed.

Parker said that although he believes Maawad had bad intentions based on information found in his computer, he could not be prosecuted for a crime before he committed it.

"People can’t be prosecuted for what’s in their minds," Parker said. He said Egyptian authorities have been notified of Maawad’s case.

— Lawrence Buser: 529-2385
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It seems we never learn our lesson does it? With a name like that and not even raise a suspision about flying lessons! We are all just a bunch of sitting ducks waiting for the next one to hit us, after coming in over our wide open borders.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123