Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal aliens held in derail threat

Oh, thats a good one! They were just being stupid! If an American citizen had done this we would never see the light of day, but because they were iillegal aliens they get a slap on the wrist?!!!! Their "stupidity" could have caused a major disaster and killed people! Oh well I guess since it would have most likely been American citizens that would have gotten killed, whats the big deal, right?

http://www.commercialappeal.com

Illegal aliens held in derail threat

By Tom Bailey Jr.

May 26, 2006

An act of vandalism spotted by a rail inspector in Collierville this month would have derailed one of the 28 trains that rumble through town daily, a Norfolk Southern spokesman said Thursday.

Within a few days of the May 15 incident, authorities identified two illegal aliens from Mexico as the vandals, said Robin Chapman, the railroad spokesman.

"I do not believe this was an attempt to commit a terrorist act," FBI spokesman George Bolds said Thursday. "I don't be believe these people attempted to derail a train. I think they were just being stupid."

The incident happened at a rail switch behind the AutoZone store at 995 W. Poplar.

Chapman said the two men were "on lunch break, hanging around our tracks. They pried a metal object into a track switch, opened it 3 or 4 inches."

A train traveling in either direction would have derailed, he said.

"It was caught by one of our employees before any train came through," Chapman said.

"Working with local police and federal authorities, we tracked the culprits down. They were turned over to Immigration and Naturalization Service for deportation."

Neither Chapman nor the FBI's Bolds identified the two men, referring questions about them to Citizenship and Immigration Services. The federal agency did not return a reporter's telephone call Thursday afternoon.

The vandalism occurred during the daylight hours, Chapman said.

He said he did not know how far away any approaching train was when the rail employee spotted the gap.

The line was closed for 90 minutes while authorities investigated, he said.

"We do patrol the tracks. We have security police who patrol on a regular basis, and inspectors, which is how it was caught," Chapman said.

The freight hauled by the trains includes a "long list" of hazardous cargo, he said. "Industrial chemicals of various types. Varying degrees of hazardousness."

Danny Box, who owns the Sun Porch hair-styling salon within yards of the rail switch, said he arrived to work May 16 to see 20-25 FBI agents "all over the place."

The agents asked him if he had any surveillance-camera tape they could see, but he did not.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

"I do not believe this was an attempt to commit a terrorist act
    What the heck else would it be called then? A scientific experiment to further their education? If any of us would have even written the idea down, let alone DO it, we'd be in jail!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Chapman said the two men were "on lunch break, hanging around our tracks.
    Yeap just taking a lunch break from their illegal jobs. Had some time to kill no doubt. No harm here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay the FBI are idiots too. Why would anyone mess with train tracks if there was no intent. "They were just being stupid" does not cut it.

Lets go find some stupid people (we can start with the senate) and start a study on how many of them have have vandalized train tracks. Since everything has to be studied before we can come to a conclusion.

This REALLY roils me! Arrrrrrrrr! Lemme get myself together before I comment. AHEM!

My father was a career railroad engineer! He always ran a safe train! In fact, at the funeral visitation, some men who'd worked with him commented on how he "stuck to the books" on running the train while others wanted to cut corners. Engineers cutting corners can easily cost lives. Dad would never compromise and he got some grief for it but he had a conscience about right and wrong and he ran a safe train!

Tampered tracks were always a concern on any train he was running! The only accident I recall him ever having was when a car crossed the tracks and the train broadsided the car as there was not sufficient time for it to stop. I think the people survived but Dad was so shook up I think he even visited the people in the hosptial. (that was the good old days when people could do things like that .. nowadays he couldn't because someone might want to sue )

Dad got a pin for 55 years of safe service not too long after he passed away from the UTU (United Transporation Union).

On the other hand, my step gr-grandfather was killed waaaay back in 1908 when he was the engineer on the Cannonball Express out of New Orleans. The tracks had been tampered with and he saved the passengers by pulling back on the throttle but lost his life when he was pinned in the cab by his heroic effort.

I've read the newspaper account of the accident and it clearly states the tracks were "tampered" with.

From a railroad family, I can tell you tampered tracks and open switches are an engineer's worst nightmare.

The railroad itself should prosecute these non-humans.

There are civil penalties for tampering with switching devices!

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net

TITLE 49--TRANSPORTATION
    CHAPTER II--FEDERAL RAILROAD ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF
    TRANSPORTATION
    Appendix C to Part 218--Statement of Agency Enforcement Policy on
    Tampering

The Rail Safety Improvement Act of 1988 (Pub. L. 100-342, enacted
    June 22, 198 (``RSIA'') raised the maximum civil penalties available
    under the railroad safety laws and made individuals liable for willful
    violations of those laws.
    Section 21 of the RSIA requires that FRA adopt addressing three related but distinct aspects of problems
    that can occur when safety devices are tampered with or disabled.
    It requires that FRA make it unlawful for (i) any individual to willfully
    tamper with or disable a device; (ii) any individual to knowingly
    operate or permit to be operated a train with a tampered or disabled
    device; and (iii) any railroad to operate such a train.

Because the introduction of civil penalties against individuals
    brings FRA's enforcement of the rail safety laws into a new era and
    because the changes being introduced by this regulation are so
    significant, FRA believes that it is advisable to set forth the manner
    in which it will exercise its enforcement authority under this
    regulation.

Do a Google searched on "tampered train switch" and you'll find many fatal accidents have resulted from such actions.

This is an unspeakable act perpetrated by illegals who obviously want to harm people in the US...

I KEEP asking...no one answers...WHY ARE THEY (THE US GOVERNMENT) THINKING ONLY MIDDLE EASTERNERS COULD BE TERRORISTS?

Good Heavens...we're overrun with them..

MJ

Anyone know what has been the fate of these identified illegal aliens? If it goes the way of the fire-setters I told you about in Southern Arizona, the Federal Prosecutor will send them home without any arrest and tell them "don't come back."

By the way, I haven't gotten a response from the Federal Attorney or the Justice Department on my letter and really don't expect to get one.

Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast