Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Aliens on the Streets 'Don't Speak for Us

Illegal Aliens on the Streets 'Don't Speak for Us,' Says New Hispanic-American Coalition

Recent nationwide street demonstrations by illegal aliens and their supporters, demanding amnesty for 12 million or more illegal immigrants, have been portrayed in the media as representing the views of all Hispanics in the U.S. However, according to opinion polls, including one conducted by the Pew Hispanic Center, Americans are divided on the issue with 53% saying that people who are in the U.S. illegally should be required to go home. According to the Pew Study, a growing number also believe that illegal immigrants are a burden to the country, taking jobs and housing and creating strains on the health care system. These facts reflect the position of many Hispanic-Americans -- citizens, legal immigrants and the children of immigrants -- who strongly oppose amnesty for illegal aliens and support enforcement of U.S. immigration laws.
    In response to the hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens who have been marching under the Mexican flag demanding to be rewarded for having violated U.S. immigration law, a new coalition has been formed to accurately represent Hispanics in the U.S. who work hard, play by the rules and want the opportunity to see their own kids get ahead. Known as "You Don't Speak for Me," the coalition aims to dispel the impression that the people out on the streets represent the views of all Hispanic-Americans.

"Politicians and the media seem to believe that Hispanic-Americans hold a monolithic view on the subject of immigration," said Pete Nunez, a former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury and a spokesman for the group. "In fact, millions of Hispanic-Americans -- including many who have gone through the immigration process the right way -- are offended by the demands being made by people who have broken our nation's laws. We are even more offended that the views of Hispanic citizens are not being accurately portrayed."

The "You Don't Speak for Me" coalition supports the strengthening and enforcement of U.S. immigration laws, including manpower and barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border, denial of non-emergency benefits and services to people who are in the country illegally, and vigorous enforcement against businesses that hire illegal aliens.

"Hispanic-Americans are often the people who are harmed the most by our government's failure to enforce our immigration laws," Nunez said. "More often than not, it's our jobs, our social services, and the education of our children that are most adversely affected by illegal immigration. A massive illegal alien amnesty, with millions more relatives being allowed to enter the country, followed by what will likely be an even greater wave of illegal immigration will de devastating to the country and particularly to Hispanic citizens."

With another round of illegal immigrant demonstrations scheduled for May 1, "You Don't Speak for Me" is urging the media to portray fairly the views of Hispanic-Americans on this issue. "You Don't Speak for Me" spokespeople around the nation are available to speak to the media to present a balanced picture of Hispanic-American views on illegal immigration and amnesty for illegal aliens.

Source: You Don't Speak for Me
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

Hey thank you very much!

You're welcome
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

Thank you so very much!!

We are Americans United!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Whp is control?

I wholeheartedly support the millions of Hispanics who legally became citizens of the US. They have made a life for themselves and their families. They care about the qualities and values that represent and bind this great nation together. They are an integral part of the American fabric. It is a shame that 12,000,000 illegal aliens can't embark upon the same path to responsible citizenship. Their arrogance, lack of understanding of American customs, tradition and history coupled with their disdain for our most sacred symbols and anything that is American shows they are not and will never be responsible citizens.

their position is prejudicial to 'the race' so it has to be ignored by Congress and the media
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I agree with you mrmiata7.
    It is a slap on the faces of the many legal immigrants that we came to this county. We deserve the american dream more than these people which by the way, they are still not grateful for the opportunities that this country gives to everybody. I still remember the day that I came here leaving all my family and friends to start a new life here in America and I did everything legally. I still remember all the tears and frustration that I experienced and I don't think it is fair that these people get everything and laugh at us.
    We have to get together and fight back to rescue our nation.