Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

Illegal aliens are today's quasi-slaves.

Dale Franks wrote, http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?Entry=3637

"What illegal immigration allows is the creation of a new, permanent, underclass of helots. The illegal immigrant is a slave in practically every respect but name. He has no prospect for advancement. He has no ability to share in the affluence of Americvan society. But, even worse, he prevents the native born American of Hispanic or African -American descent from ascending from helotage, too. So, in the end, we still get our helots, but they are willing helots whose labor conditions are better than those that obtain in their native country.

"Helotage is helotage, however, no matter how we obtain our helots. And, as long as illegals serve as our helots, they will be as ineligible for advancement as the Messenian Helots of Sparta were in the 5th century BC. Whether you wish to acknowledge it or not, support for the current system of illegal immigration is nothing more than support for a system of helotage where the laborers are permanently prevented from participating in the broader economic life of the country.

"But we don’t actually need helots in agriculture."

Mr. Franks, may I join with you in the attack which will break the power of big business and the Chamber, and which will eventually turn the tide of this war on the United States of America.

When We the People recognize that the 12 (15? 20?) million illegal aliens are serfs / underground workforce / sub-scale laborers / servants even post-indenture / helots / quasi-slaves, WtP will also recognize that the illegal aliens’ employers are criminals, pariahs, outcasts, degenerates, outlaws, brigands, failures, rejects, and worthless, no matter what filthy profits they make from their quasi-slave labor.

After that, WtP will recognize, for what they are, these employers’ agents in the marketplace and the media, in banking and construction, in government education, in social service agencies, in Catholic Charities USA and the Latino Roman Catholic ecclesial organization (e.g., Cardinal Mahoney), in the A¢¢¢LU, SπLC, LULÅÇ, and Lå Rå≡å, as well as in the U.S. Senate and the Fox White House.

Then will the boycotts begin.

Who will be the William Wilberforce http://www.christianitytoday.com/ch/53h/
    of the 21st century? http://store.yahoo.com/cti/is53wiabofsl.html
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Ann Coulter's viewpoint on quasi-slaves

Importing a Slave Class
    by Ann Coulter

Posted: 05/23/2007

Apparently, my position on immigration is that we must deport all 12 million illegal aliens immediately, inasmuch as this is billed as the only alternative to immediate amnesty. The jejune fact that we "can't deport them all" is supposed to lead ineluctably to the conclusion that we must grant amnesty to illegal aliens -- and fast!

I'm astounded that debate has sunk so low that I need to type the following words, but: No law is ever enforced 100%.

We can't catch all rapists, so why not grant amnesty to rapists? Surely no one wants thousands of rapists living in the shadows! How about discrimination laws? Insider trading laws? Do you expect Bush to round up everyone who goes over the speed limit? Of course we can't do that. We can't even catch all murderers. What we need is "comprehensive murder reform." It's not "amnesty" -- we'll ask them to pay a small fine.

If it's "impossible" to deport illegal aliens, how did we come to have so much specific information about them? I keep hearing they are Catholic, pro-life, hardworking, just dying to become American citizens, and will take jobs other Americans won't. Someone must have talked to them to gather all this information. Let's find that guy -- he must know where they are!

How do we even know there are 12 million of them? Why not 3 million, or 40 million? Maybe we should put the guy who counted them in charge of deporting them.

[paragraph removed to satisfy "fair use" requirements]

I believe that the shortage of unskilled, non-English-speaking Mexicans we experienced in the '60s has been remedied by now.

Since Teddy Kennedy's 1965 Immigration Act, more than half of all legal immigrants have been unskilled, non-English-speaking Mexicans. America takes in roughly 1 million legal immigrants each year. Only about 30,000 of them have Ph.D.s. Why on earth would any rational immigration policy discriminate against immigrants with Ph.D.s in favor of unskilled, non-English-speaking immigrants?

Say, don't Ph.D.s and other skilled workers have more influence on government policy than unskilled workers? Aren't they more likely to bend a president's ear? Yes, I believe they are! Noticeably, the biggest proponents of the government's policy of importing a huge underclass of unskilled workers are not themselves unskilled workers.

The great bounty of cheap labor by unskilled immigrants isn't going to hardworking Americans who hang drywall or clean hotel rooms -- and who are having trouble getting jobs, now that they're forced to compete with the vast influx of unskilled workers who don't pay taxes.

The people who make arguments about "jobs Americans won't do" are never in a line of work where unskilled immigrants can compete with them. Liberals love to strike generous, humanitarian poses with other people's lives.

Something tells me the immigration debate would be different if we were importing millions of politicians or Hollywood agents. You lose your job, while I keep my job at the Endeavor agency, my Senate seat, my professorship, my editorial position or my presidency. (And I get a maid!)

The only beneficiaries of these famed hardworking immigrants -- unlike you lazy Americans -- are the wealthy, who want the cheap labor while making the rest of us chip in for the immigrants' schooling, food and health care.

These great lovers of the downtrodden -- the downtrodden trimming their hedges -- pretend to believe that their gardeners' children will be graduating from Harvard and curing cancer someday, but (1) they don't believe that; and (2) if it happened, they'd lose their gardeners.

Not to worry, Marie Antoinettes! According to "Alien Nation" author Peter Brimelow, "There is recent evidence that, even after four generations, fewer than 10% of Mexicans have post-high school degrees, as opposed to nearly half of non-Mexican-Americans." So you'll always have the maid. As New York mayor Michael Bloomberg said, our golf fairways would suffer without illegal immigrants: "You and I both play golf; who takes care of the greens and the fairways on your golf course?"

We fought a civil war to force Democrats to give up on slavery 150 years ago. They've become so desperate for servants that now they're importing an underclass to wash their clothes and pick their vegetables. This vast class of unskilled immigrants is the left's new form of slavery.

What do they care if their servants are made citizens eligible to vote and collect government benefits? Aren't the fabulously rich happy in Venezuela? Oops, wrong example. Brazil? No, no, let me try again. Mexico! ... Well, no matter. What could go wrong?

Ann Coulter is Legal Affairs Correspondent for HUMAN EVENTS and author of "High Crimes and Misdemeanors," "Slander," ""How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)," and most recently, "Godless."

When will they stop!

The reconquistas are always comparing their situation to anything they
    they think will glean sympathy from the masses.

I hate when they compare themselves with slaves in the U.S.!

Do they even know the difference between slavery and all other forms of
    servitude?
    (Hint: slaves don't get paid)
    I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

Quote Originally Posted by TheFomorian
    When will they stop!

The reconquistas are always comparing their situation to anything
    they think will glean sympathy from the masses.

I hate when they compare themselves with slaves in the U.S.!

TheFomorian, the illegal aliens and reconquistas do not recognize themselves as the helots or slave labor of present-day America.

But Dale Franks, Miss Ann Coulter, and other insightful journalists recognize who are the quasi-slaves in "our economy," as the elitists call it.

This is utter nonsense. There are 2nd and 3rd generation illegals here in the U.S....they have their chance to attend school, they have every opportunity to learn English, they get their freebies...and what do they do? They drop out of high school, they refuse to learn English, and the girls get pregnant and have way too many children.

I don't buy into this modern-day slavery crap. They bring their plight on themselves with their bad decisions.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I don't buy into this modern-day slavery crap. They bring their plight on themselves with their bad decisions.

ILLEGALS ARE SCAB LABOR. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. THEY HAVE TAKEN AWAY THE NEGOTIATING POWER OF THE AMERICAN WORKER.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

redpony353, americangirl, and TheFomorian, I agree with what YOU are saying. Try to understand what I am saying.

I am NOT making a plea for sympathy for the "poor slave labor illegal aliens." But the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and scofflaw employers of illegal aliens VIEW this vast international labor pool as their source of helots or quasi-slave labor. It is a return to the plantation, without even a moral obligation to take care of one's slaves when they get old or get hurt, or when there is no work for them to do.

The rogue employers WANT SLAVE LABOR, and this is as close to slave labor as money can buy in the U.S..

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC
    redpony353, americangirl, and TheFomorian, I agree with what YOU are saying. Try to understand what I am saying.

I am NOT making a plea for sympathy for the "poor slave labor illegal aliens." But the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and scofflaw employers of illegal aliens VIEW this vast international labor pool as their source of helots or quasi-slave labor. It is a return to the plantation, without even a moral obligation to take care of one's slaves when they get old or get hurt, or when there is no work for them to do.

The rogue employers WANT SLAVE LABOR, and this is as close to slave labor as money can buy in the U.S..
    Yes, this is all true. However, in today's times, one has a CHOICE over being enslaved or not. These people set themselve up to be vulnerable to the evil people who would exploit and use them. By making bad choices, and by refusing to capitalize on the opportunities given to them, they basically offer themselves up as slaves.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".