(quote)

Illegal aliens turned over to ICE

Written by BCSO Site Admin

Friday, 09 April 2010

A detective for the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office assigned to interdiction on I-75 stopped a 2004 Dodge Caravan Wednesday morning after he observed the vehicle weaving and following too close to another vehicle.

The eight-passenger van pulled off the interstate onto the exit ramp to Charleston and was found to be occupied by 12 Hispanic men and women.

Further investigation revealed the vehicle to be en-route from Dallas Texas to Pennsylvania and had been flagged by U.S. Immigration agents as having possible previous involvement in human trafficking.

The BCSO transported the ten men and two women to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office in Chattanooga. The driver, identified as Jesus Ocampo Escobar, age 26, of Guanajuato Mexico, could be charged with human trafficking by ICE.

These 12 apprehensions total 206 identified illegal aliens since September 2006 that were turned over to ICE for deportation.

Sheriff Tim Gobble thanked personnel at the ICE office in Chattanooga for their cooperation in this case and others to identify and deport illegal aliens.

Sheriff Gobble said he is a supporter of legal immigration but strongly opposes illegal immigration which is a threat to both our economic and national security. He said the apprehension of these 12 illegal aliens shows illegals are still streaming into our country and there is a continued need to properly secure our borders, which so far the federal government has failed to do.

(quote)

http://www.bradleysheriff.com/content/view/820/97/

2 Chronicles 7:14

It is written, ... if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.