Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal family of 5 killed in PHX crash "UPDATE"

The paper talks about them like they're the family next door, but they stuffed 8 people in a car. They're also begging for the public's help to bury their dead. You want to make a bet the final plan is to send them back to Mexico for burial? We've seen it before...

Aunt struggles with loss of 5 in crash
    Sarah Muench
    The Arizona Republic
    Jul. 20, 2007 06:24 PM

Mayra Ramirez Pedraza preferred to listen to reggaetón and dance around the house more than hitting the books.

But the 11-year-old from a small town in the state of Morelos, Mexico, still made the honor roll at Yavapai Elementary School and had perfect attendance before school let out for summer.

"I would give her a book to read and she would tell me it's too long and would want to go back to listening to music," her aunt, Victoria Castillo, who only speaks Spanish, said Friday afternoon in the north Tempe home she and the Pedraza family share. "She would say she read it and then I would ask her questions about what it was about."

But Castillo can't playfully argue over music and books anymore with Mayra, who was going to turn 12 in about three weeks on Aug. 13.

Mayra, and four other relatives died in a horrific crash Thursday in Scottsdale after a pickup driver from Chandler ran a red light and slammed into a Cadillac carrying eight people, Scottsdale police said.

The five killed were identified as Noelia Robolledo Sánchez, 36; her husband, Antonio Pedraza Olivares, 30; their son, Antonio Pedraza Robolledo, 4; and their nieces, Jennifer Ramirez Pedraza, 7, and Mayra, 11.

Cadillac driver Guadalupe Pedraza Olivares, 26 - who is Jennifer and Mayra's mother - was injured and is in stable condition, police said. Guadalupe is the sister of Antonio Pedraza Olivares.

Also injured were two daughters of Noelia and Antonio: Abigail, 7, in critical condition, and Ariana, 12, in stable condition.

The pickup driver, Robert Miers, 25, was treated and released from Scottsdale Healthcare-Osborn, police said. Miers, going westbound on McDowell Road, ran a red light and struck the Cadillac sedan as it turned from eastbound McDowell to northbound Granite Reef Road, police said.

Neither driver was impaired, said Sgt. Mark Clark, a Scottsdale police spokesman.

Castillo said that since the three surviving victims are still hospitalized, where the family was going at the time of the crash remains confusing. One child likely was going to the dentist while 4-year-old Antonio was to be dropped at school.

"It was difficult to believe because they are three children (who died)," Castillo said.

Now Abigail and Ariana have been left parentless, although the two families live together in one north Tempe home, where Castillo resides.

Their father, Antonio, worked at an Italian restaurant in Scottsdale, just up the street from their home, and Noelia worked at a boutique.

Weeping, Castillo said she and the children, whom she considers like hers, helped take care of each other.

Little Antonio was a good boy and "just like any other boy," she said. He loved to play all day and went with his father to play basketball.

Jennifer was very athletic and loved to swim, ride her bicycle and draw, Castillo said.

They all used to eat dinner together at one table.

"I'm not their mother, but they were a big part of my life," Castillo said. "I didn't have much time with them, but the time I had was very beautiful."

You can help
    The family is now struggling to pay for funeral costs, Castillo said. An account has been set up at Wells Fargo in the name of Guadalupe Pedraza Olivares, Account number 1787206786.
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 21-ON.html

Update
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Cadillac?

a cadillac??? you have got to be kidding me?
    i wonder how cheap it was or if it was even stolen

8 people in a car that likely had only 4 seat belts means that at least 4 people were not belted in. Wanna wager on how many of those were children?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I would give her a book to read and she would tell me it's too long and would want to go back to listening to music," her aunt, Victoria Castillo, who only speaks Spanish, said Friday afternoon in the north Tempe home she and the Pedraza family share. "She would say she read it and then I would ask her questions about what it was about."
    Sounds like they're all illegals including aunt Vickie. I have never thought of myself as a hard hearted person but these people and their multitude of issues, problems and tragedies are nothing but burdens, and with every sob story I read I get that much more angry and nauseated.

I wish they would all just shut up, get the hell out of here and go home. Back to their mud shacks, poverty, lawless lifestyles and perptual victimhood. I am so sick of these whoa is me culturally worthless, dysfunctional bunch of losers.

Let Bank of (the)Aliens, Chase and Wells Fargo pick up the tab for their customers' funerals.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

THEY CAN SUE THE TRUCK THAT HIT THEM. AND I AM SURE THEY HAVE TONS OF FAMILY MEMBERS THAT CAN HELP. BTW, WHY DOESNT LA RAZA HELP PAY FOR THE FUNERALS. THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE THE GREAT HELPER OF THE LATINO PEOPLE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    a cadillac??? you have got to be kidding me?
    i wonder how cheap it was or if it was even stolen
    Don't expect the AZ Repugnant, as J.D. Hayworth calls it, to ever report if the vehicle had current license or the driver had current license or insurance. The vehicle was designed to carry six people and the current buzz is were any of the people in the car buckled in? I frequently pass Mexican families in cars and they seldom use seatbelts and adults put kids on their laps.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

8 people in a car that likely had only 4 seat belts means that at least 4 people were not belted in. Wanna wager on how many of those were children?
    I'm not familiar with Arizona state laws concerning seat belts but in the state that I live in (Indiana) all children up to age 8 are required by law to not only wear a seatbelt but to be in a car seat. Everyone else is required to wear a seat belt. If you were involved in an accident like this and you were the driver you would be facing serious charges anywhere from child endangerment to manslaughter. I wouldn't be surprised if all charges in this case are to the driver of the pick up and the driver of the cadillac gets off scott free.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    It is sad that this happened, but I have to agree, it seems that they live in perpetual vicitimhood and when something like this happens, all the bleeding hearts come out of the woodwork to help them, yet would not think to help a fellow American in the same situation.

Anytime someone dies in a way like this, it is sad. However, they need to handle their funerals the way we poor Americans do, cremation and small private memorials, this way we pay for it ourselves and do not burden society.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So this is what they're calling it now! "In search for a better life"

July 20, 2007
    'Good people,' a tight-knit family torn
    Mike Sakal, Lindsay Butler, Tribune
    Inside the Tempe home where the extended family of Antonio Pedraza-Olivares and his wife, Noelia Robolledo-Sanchez lived, the living room is filled with photographs of a tight-knit family described by those who knew them as [b]“Buenas personasâ€