Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrant charged in fatal hit-and-run

Illegal immigrant charged in fatal hit-and-run
    written by: Jeffrey Wolf Corey Rose

WESTMINSTER - A man faces several charges after investigators say he ran a red light and hit a motorcycle, killing the driver. According to Colorado State Patrol, the man who ran the light is not in the United States legally.

The accident happened on Friday night at the intersection of 70th Avenue and Broadway Street in Westminster.

The driver, 25-year-old Efrain Villegas ran a red light and hit 59-year-old John Brand, who was on his motorcycle, according to the State Patrol.

Brand's girlfriend, Debbie Pyatok, was also on the motorcycle.

Villegas had a passenger, Rubin Garcia Torres.

Brand and Pyatok were transported to Denver Health Medical Center where Brand died from his injuries. Pyatok walked away with some scrapes and bruises.

"He didn't deserve to die," Pyatok said. "I remember looking over and I had tires coming at my head. I tucked and rolled. I saw the bike and I realized it was us in the crash. I saw him [Brand] laying on the ground."

"I was telling him not to move and I love him," she said.

The State Patrol says Villegas drove off and two witnesses jumped in a car and followed them.

"The suspects drove northbound on Broadway into a cul-de-sac, where they got out of their car and fled on foot. The two citizens were able to restrain the passenger until State Patrol arrived on scene," Sgt. John Hahn with the Colorado State Patrol said. "It just can't be overstated enough the importance of witnesses. We don't certainly advocate people following suspects at high rates of speed, but in this case it very definitely helped us."

Villegas faces 10 counts, including vehicular homicide, driving under the influence, and driving without insurance or a license.

Villegas will appear in court on Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. He is currently in custody in Adams County Jail on a $50,000 bond.

The passenger in his car has not been charged with anything.

Brand leaves behind a son and three grandchildren.

"I just loved him. He was a great person. Everyone's going to miss him," Pyatok said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx? ... &catid=339
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK all you elected officials in Colorado who want to make your state a sanctuary state, THIS DEATH in blood on your hands.

People of Colorado need to say enough is enough

Bleeding Heart Libs will explain: "This is just a terrible accident committed by a drunk driver. The suspects immigration status has no bearing in this matter."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The families should sue the Federal Government for allowing the illegals to be here by willfully NOT enforcing immigration laws.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn