Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrant Claims Self Defense in Slaying

where he stabbed victim 13 times in the neck.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/186/ ... 22412.html

[quote]Atlantic City man claims self-defense in Nov. 3 Ventnor stabbing death
    By REGINA SCHAFFER, Staff Writer, 609-272-7211
    Published: Thursday, November 20, 2008

5:47 p.m. Update - MAYS LANDING — An Atlantic City man charged with the Nov. 3 stabbing death of a Ventnor man was defending himself after the other man wielded a knife first, his attorney said at a bail hearing Thursday.

Juan Carlos Lenis Montoya, 29, a Colombian immigrant living in the area for 10 years, had defensive wounds on his hands following the incident, his attorney Joseph Levin said. Lenis Montoya was charged Nov. 6 with aggravated manslaughter and possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose for allegedly killing Steven Wingard, 47, at the victim's South Hillside Avenue home.

Lenis Montoya has remained in the Atlantic County Jail on $250,000 full cash bail since his arrest. Superior Court Judge Robert Neustadter ruled on Thursday that the bail should remain at $250,000 full cash.

It is alleged Lenis Montoya stabbed Wingard to death during an argument at Wingard's home. The men knew each other. Wingard frequented the Ventnor restaurant Nostalgia Room, where Lenis Montoya worked as a waiter. The restaurant had closed about a week before this incident took place.

Authorities have not elaborated on the nature of the dispute. First Assistant Prosecutor Murray Talasnik has characterized Wingard as an "occasional patron" of the restaurant.

In making his request for a lower bail, Levin said Wingard “made some advancesâ€

I wonder if stabbing an American citizen in the neck 13 times is considered a "Hate Crime"? Seems to me once would have come to the same conclusion, DEATH!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

ELE

legal or illegal?

Montoya was described as an Immigrant, I wonder if he was an illegal or an immigrant?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Levin noted that Lenis Montoya is living in the country illegally, and that Immigration & Naturalization Service, or INS, also has a detainer for his arrest. Lenis Montoya’s family is working to get an attorney to address that issue, he said.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Thank You SOSADFORUS.

You have eagle eyes, SOSADFORUS, I missed it. Thank you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Thank You SOSADFORUS.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    You have eagle eyes, SOSADFORUS, I missed it. Thank you.
    its because I was looking for it, if it had not been there I would have had to move this thread to other topic's because an illegal was not involved

Self Defence ????????

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I wonder if stabbing an American citizen in the neck 13 times is considered a "Hate Crime"? Seems to me once would have come to the same conclusion, DEATH!
    I have a question ? Is his family "illegal", and if they are, why are they still here ? btw monica, im not an " immigrant hater ",but an illegal immigrant is an entirely different thing. stabbing someone 13 times reallly isn't a good way 2 say "Thanks" 4 letting me b here!!!!!!

Talasnik said the bail was not high considering the number of wounds Lenis Montoya allegedly inflicted. Wingard was stabbed six times in the right side of the neck, six times in the left side of the neck and once in the front of the neck.
    Montoya went to the home of the victim. Apparently Montoya was defending himself because Wingard has approached him with a knife 1st. Why then did Montoya have to stab the victim 6 times right side, 6 times on the left side, and 1 time in the middle of the neck?! WHY SO MANY TIMES, UNLESS HE MEANT TO KILL HIM? Give Montoya the death penalty.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't care If he was defending himself from a herd of chainsaw-carrying care bears, he has been caught here illegally. End of story!
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Re: Self Defence ????????

Quote Originally Posted by vrooder
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I have a question ? Is his family "illegal", and if they are, why are they still here ? btw monica, im not an " immigrant hater ",but an illegal immigrant is an entirely different thing. stabbing someone 13 times reallly isn't a good way 2 say "Thanks" 4 letting me b here!!!!!!
    Welcome to alipac vrooder, glad to have you join us...

Your question is a good one, one I can not answer but I would bet they are illegal also, and why they have not all been deported is what I would like to know, but not likely to find out unless it comes out in a follow up story.